Mai Ka asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 9 years ago

German going to Japan for 2 years. Are they going to hate me ?

I'm 20 year old German male (Born in Germany). The thing is, my father is german, but my mother is Indian/Spanish. I look somewhat mixed. I am going to Japan for 2 years. The thing is I enjoy Japanese food,nature and tradition. But I heard that Japanese people are not too fond of foreigners, especially western people. I'm afriad that they will tread me badly because i'm German. Are there problems with foreigners ?

Favorite Answer

Are you going to get a visa?

Anyway, Japanese people don't hate you just because you are a German. In fact, Germans are relatively welcomed in Japan.

Source(s): a native Japanese

Just go to Japan and stop thinking about people's nationality so much. Most people in Japan are very friendly towards foreigners, and are excited to learn about you and share with you their own culture.

Japan has a history of connection with Germany. Japanese learnt a lot about Western medical practices thought German sources, and even today a lot of German words are used in Japanese in regards to medical things.

Wait til you get to Japan and see all the foreigners married to Japanese, and you'll rethink your idea about Japanese not being fond of foreigners. Also note all of the foreign goods sold in Japan. Note the use of foreign names for businesses.

Hitler did not incredibly hate human beings of the Jewish faith. All he needed replace right into a sort of Scapegoat, in step with se. See, Germany replace into in such an financial decline after their loss of international conflict 2 and the fee of reparations to the French. hence, the German mark replace into fully valueless. Now, to spark financial improve, and set up the German human beings, Hitler created a difficulty-free enemy for them to hate. The Jewish human beings. the clarification he presented for them to hate them, replace into using fact it replace into the Jewish people who have been nonetheless valuable at an analogous time as all of us else replace into so undesirable. This brought about a boycott of all Jewish shops with the aid of the now forming Nazi occasion, which led the Jews right into a decline. As Hitler gained greater potential interior the government and at last became the Chancellor, then changing the call of the situation to 'Der Fuhrer,' he exercised his potential and saved up with offering Jews as a Scapegoat. of course, Jews weren't the only ones that have been sent off to the concentration camps. It replace into exceptionally lots all people who he did not like. That coated the mentally retarded, and the Gypsies. Hitler allied with all of those different international places, using fact he needed to. He had the concept that 'The Enemy of my enemy, is my chum.' regardless of the undeniable fact that if he had his way, he'd probably ultimately kill off an excellent style of the Islamic leaders as nicely. ---Apologies for the long winded clarification, it somewhat is basically that an excellent style of human beings don't understand the truthfully reason and that i had to get the main out of it.

No. Trust me...Im a half african american with black hair that has gone to Japan more then 10 times already. Japanese are fairly friendly. They might stair a little but they won't go around giggling with their little friends talking smack about you in japanese.

Source(s): been to japan

it's the complete opposite. Japanese are known to be really polite and respectful towards tourists.

You'll be a gaijin, just like everyone else. Many people create their own problems'

Respect the country and people. Behave yourself, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Don't know where you heard such but it just isn't true. Act as if you never heard such a comment, go on your trip, be respectful and you won't have any problems.

what? that's so weird i heard the exact opposite from my japanese teacher.

she was saying how japanese people love non-japanese people and treat them 10x's better/more kind

Japanese hate anyone that isn't Japanese. They will probably pick a fight with you so enjoy your stay.

Source(s): Experience