I need marriage help?!?

So I'm planning to get married to my middle/high school sweet heart. We have been together for a good 7 years and after my 18th birthday next year we want to marry. But here is the problem my dad has me under his VA benefits (I'm from NYC by the way) he was in the Navy for 11 years. So I need to know if I can still be under his benefits for college even if I no longer have his surname obviously I want to go to college. And I understand I'm young but Im madly in love with him and we want to make this official. Thanks :)

2 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Sounds like you already know the answer. You can simply live with your bf and continue to draw benefits. You can get married and maintain your maiden name. You can get married and take your husband's name but maintain your maiden name for purpose of continuing the benefits. But the real answer is to look at the requirements the VA has and see if they provide for a cut-off if you get married. If so, then you would be committing a fraud to continue receiving benefits after marriage.

  • 9 years ago

    Lmao you'll be back here in a few years asking for help with your divorce

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.