Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

Do I have a yeast infection?

This is a little graphic and I apologize but I need help. I think I have a yeast infection. My vagina is VERY itchy and it burns a bit. I looked at it in the mirror and it was very red and a little swollen. I put Vagisil on to help the itching but it only worked a little bit and it's a light pink color which leads me to the next thing. When I looked at my underwear it looked like there was blood on it but it wasn't really blood I think. I'm not on my period. The color was a reddish, pinkish see-through color and when I peed it looked like there were 2 little tiny blood clots but I don't know. Does this sound like a yeast infection? Thanks!

IT IS NOT MY PERIOD. I had it two weeks ago! I think I would know. Oh and you may get a little more respect if you learn to type properly.

And DON'T call me a skank "Stfu."

Favorite Answer

Hi Esme,

I am not here to pass judgment on you by calling you peevish names like "skank" because a yeast infection is quite common in both genders. Now the topic at hand, first know that what you are experiencing is caused by inflammation and the other symptoms you are experiencing are what you experience when you have candida overgrowth which in-turn causes a yeast infection. As of this moment I would recommend you do the following:

1. Choose cotton underwear and do not wear tight trousers (Moulds love warm, dark spaces with limited airflow).

2. Avoid damp environments where airborne moulds are ever-present.

3. Exercise everyday to relieve stress. Aerobic exercise is especially useful in treating candida as Candida and other fungi do not thrive in a high-oxygen environment. Also, fresh air and regular exercise have a positive effect on immunity.

4. Cut all foods containing yeast including bread, pizza, crackers, pastries, muffins, mushrooms and ferments like soy sauce, cheese, tomato paste, beer and vinegar.

5. Avoid refined carbohydrates as they are known to have a depressant effect on the immune system.

6. Get organic coconut oil which cost about $5-7 dollars from a health food store and take 2 tablespoons of it every morning. It will help give relief from the inflammation caused by yeast (candida), externally and internally to your body.

7. Get apple cider vinegar RAW. I would recommend the one from a company called Bragg's which is about $6 dollars. Take 2 tablespoons of it the moment you wake up from bed and before you go to sleep. It helps encourage the growth of healthy bacteria, which in turn minimizes the overgrowth of candida and balances your body's pH level.

8. Eat lots of leafy Green Veg's every time you are hungry.

9. Get probiotics supplement which cost about 20-30 dollars. Use as directed

10. AVOID ALL SUGAR BASED FOODS

This will starve the candida and reduce you inflammation so the when you see the doctor on the 11th he will be able to help you recover more quickly. But please this will require effort on your part and since you did take action by seeking help I know you can do what i suggested above . I can tell you from personally experience that this WORKS because I have done this myself

Source(s): I read about at http://www.yeastinfection.org

Unique Yeast Infection System : http://www.YeastCured.com

yeast infections are normally like cottage cheese. white / yellowy clumps like cottage cheese ha.

because you said its red them im not sure...

go to the doctor. it doesn't sound good and defiantly not normal as you know..

as for the burning/itching thats is commonly known for yeast infections but could also be other things.