Craziee Panda asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

POLL: What year do you consider the best baseball season?

and why?

...........................................

Favorite Answer

1976 - After a long dry spell since 1964 the Yankees went to the Wrold SEries in dramatic fashion - Chris Chambliss homer.

Hate to say it, I agree with jandy ....2004 was special in the post season.

I also liked 1986 a lot. The World Series was a defining moment in my life. I had to choose between my two favorite teams for the first time ever. Though I still like the Mets, I made the Red Sox #1

• Snid

Personally speaking, there are four. 2006 because the Tigers made it to the World series. No one really thought they would.

1984. Tigers had an awesome year and won the World Series.

1968. The best ever. The Tigers won the World Series. I went to several games that year....my first ones. I hadn't started liking baseball until 1961 so it was a huge thrill for me.

1961. The first year I started liking baseball. I wrote letters to many Tigers and got really nice responses.

2001 really just showed everyone what baseball was about after the attack so it's at the top of my list. 2011 season is also tied at the top 2 teams stunned at the very last day! How often does that happen!?

1962

National League baseball came back to New York.

2006. The cards just barely made the playoffs and then defeated the tough NY Mets in the NLCS in 7 games and then went on to win the world series. Game 7 of the NLCS was most exciting game I have EVER seen!

• AGM

2011 in which the Cardinals made a postseason around to win the World Series

1969

1986

2005, White Sox won the World Series. I loved it.

2012 is pretty good, other than the lockout, it's more exciting basketball then the 90s with magic, bird and Jordan. Far more exciting than the 80 with Kareem doing that ugly hook shot and actually has rules unlike the bill and wilt era. You got a team superpowered with stardom in the heat, an team that fit together perfectly in the bulls, an overly talented team in the knicks and how can you forget a team that basically lives and dies on the 3 point line like the magic. You got lob Angeles, far better Dunkers than the Dominique and spud.

If you like Larry and his amazing acrobatic shots in the 4th quarter, don't worry you got dirk and Kevin Durant. There's a 6'8-6'9 guy that can pretty much average a tricks double like magic and Oscar in Lebron james and finally you got master of the 4th quarter Kobe.

I personally think basketball is at it's all time great the only thing missing is the big man talent which is slowly developing, Dwight, bynum, k love, Blake and Lamarcus. NBA today basically has everything from the past combined into present day action.