Laptop shuts down in an uncommon reason?

I received my acer aspire 4937 laptop (expired warranty) from repair a while ago for having a noisy fan and for automatically turning off when playing games. The repairman changed the fan and reformatted the system and told me that the turning off problem when playing games couldnt be solved as overheating comes naturally with laptops, with nvidia graphics card helping increase the temp. So he told me that my laptop cannot be played with games anymore as the problem couldnt be solved but i can play with it even before sending it to be repaired by facing an electric fan on the laptop's side.

I received the laptop then went home then turned it on. Scanned the drivers if evrything is installed noticed the nvidia driver and few other drivers not installed as it says something like vga hd driver is installed for the display drivers and proceeded searching the web for drivers. I went to the geforce website it scanned the system and automatically searched for me the driver.downloaded the nvidia driver, run the .exe file. Installment was successful restarted and before it even shows the desktop(where the blue background is shown with the loading text in win7 OS)it suddenly turns off. Pressed the on button but the same scenario happens again. I let it cool for 5 minutes, turned it on but still hhappens. I run the system on safe mode and uninstalled the nvidia drivers theb restarted. Now the laptop is working in normal mode with the default vga hd drivers automatically installing. i repeated the process to check if it was the cause of automatic shut down: installed the nvidia drivers restarted then it shuts down..run in safe mode ..uninstall the nvdia driver then it works in normal mode.

Im returning the laptop to the pc repairman but i just want to ask from your point of view if you think the repair guy damaged the graphics card? because this does not happn before. My lptop runs with nvidia drivers before i even send it to be repaired. please help me so i can r

Favorite Answer

Try System Restore first,

Start Menu->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore. Choose the most recent date before you the encountered problem. If it doesn't work, try the next date.

If System Restore does not fix it, as a last resort, you might need to fdisk, reformat your laptop hard disk clean and reinstall OS, that usually fixes all bugs. Before going that route, try following simple fixes to see if the problem goes away.

Remove the battery and charger/ac adapter/power cord from your acer aspire 4937 laptop, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to discharge any residual current inside the laptop. This clears your RAM and is like a hardware reset. Replace the battery and charger/ac adapter/power cord and turn your acer aspire 4937 laptop on.

Boot in "safe mode". As it starts up press F8, the computer ask you if you'd like to start in safe mode. Highlight "safe mode" and press enter. See if your acer aspire 4937 laptop works normal.

If it runs normal now, do the following maintenance and tune up,

Uninstall unnecessary programs and applications.

Scan with a antivirus program

Scan with a spyware/malware program

DEFRAG C:

CHKDSK C:

Clean up and repair registry problems with registry repair software of your choice

If the problem persists, did you check if it could be your acer aspire 4937 laptop power cord or power source problem? Defective or insufficient power supply might cause error messages that are misleading. Take the battery out and power on your acer aspire 4937 laptop with the charger only. Make sure your laptop power jack and charger plug tip are securely connected. Did you notice the power jack loose? You can find laptop power jack on ebay. Fixing and soldering the power jack requires professional skill though. The charger green/blue LED should be on. If not, replace the defective charger. acer aspire 4937 laptop battery charger, especially its power cord/cable, lifespan is limited and does not last forever, consider buying a lifetime warranty charger online from company like www.topmic.com

1

• Bob

Ahoho, No he has better thing to do than damage your computer. He may have not installed the driver as need.