Why is my adobe photoshop screwing up the text?

Every time I try to write with the text tool on Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (Extended), the text is insanely small. So now I have to go onto the biggest text, write my text, and use Free Transform to enlarge it as much as possible. And I know it's not my computer, because I had the same problem on my other one. I'm running the trial version on this computer, does that have anything to do with it?Please help me with this. :(

Favorite Answer

You're probably using a very small value for the resolution of the document .. I recommend you go to File>New... and switch to a higher resolution than 72 dpi.

Sorry for my English, not handling very well.

Luck!

• nick

Check the zoom level of your image (it's in the title bar of the image). If you see something like 8% for your zoom level, than that's why you can't see the text. You're zoomed out too far, and/or your image is just too large. The zoom level gets automatically adjusted in Photoshop whenever you open or create a new image that is larger than can fit on your screen, so it seems like it's at a normal size/zoom level, but you normally don't realize it until you need to put text on the image, or save it and see the size of the file.

BTW... you aren't limited to the font sizes listed in the drop down. You can manually type in any amount, or click and then use the arrow keys on your keyboard.

• tom t

Its probably the font size is set really low so go to the character panel and change it.

It's the box with 2 'Ts' one slightly bigger than the other and a number with 'pt' after it.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WSf...