Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

how can i be ordained as a pagan minister online?

when i say pagan i mean that in more of a general term

Update:

for those who are agenst me doing it im doing it because the law in the united states to be eather a religous leader like a preast or preastess or a judge to perform any type of marital sarimonys otherwise its not a leagel marage

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Here you go:

http://www.themonastery.org/ordination

No particular beliefs required, and you can be Christian/Pagan/Wiccan/Atheist, whatever you like.

• 9 years ago

There are churches on the internet that used to be mail order that will ordain you for nothing, and that's what it is worth.

The decent groups to be ordained through require you to, you know, like, know stuff.

And, speaking as an officiant, there is no "law in the united states to be eather a religous leader like a preast or preastess or a judge to perform any type of marital sarimonys otherwise its not a leagel marage." (I'm not even touching the carelessness this sentence shows.)

The requirements for who can and cannot do a marriage ceremony are set by the states, not the federal government. Depending on state, officiants range from those who actually have training to people the couple just likes to the couple themselves. http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/a/of...

Edit: And there is not one Pagan group for which ordination in that group means @!%#-all to those Pagans outside the group. Even if some people pretend that their ordination in their group does make them special to all groups.

• 9 years ago

You can be ordained by the ULC (Universal Life Church) over the internet. That makes you an ordained ULC minister.

Ordination is NOT the only requirement for overseeing legal marriages in many states. Be sure you find out what your local laws are. At the very least you will need to register with the state.

Moreover, you do NOT need to be ordained to be a "religious leader like a priest or priestess". if a religious community accepts you as a religious leader, then you are a religious leader. That doesn't give you any special benefits, however.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Paganism doesn't require you to become ordained so why would you?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Just hug a tree

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Do yourself a favor: Don't.

Source(s): "Ordained" Pagans/Wiccans end up being elitist pricks just like a lot of Christians -- Don't do it! Individuality is a blessing... PS: If you must do it for legal reasons... just please, don't become an elitist. A piece of paper does not make one great...
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.