Laney
Laney asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

What happened to my siblings?

My Mother died one year ago, age 80. She suffered for years with Lewey Body Dementia (basically Parkinsons' Disease and the worst, most agonizing delusional dementia). I come from a family of six children, t three boys, three girls. I sm the youngest daughter. We grew up with only our Mother as our dad walked away when we were little. She did a great job at balancing work and home life....always loved us, stood by us and instilled strong family values. We all adored her and cared for her in her home by alternating shifts for three years in order to keep her out of a nursing home. I was the only daughter that could do the personal things for her as one of my sisters died and the other couldn't handle the stress so she stopped by on her own terms. Once every few weeks or so. I gladly was the primary caregiver...my Mom was my best friend. Up until she got sick, we did so much together. We all took care of Mom and have always faced things together. (we lost a sister in 93) But now, we barely talk and see each other even less. I have tried so hard but they don't seem interested. Any ideas on how to bring my family back together?

That's difficult. The reason why you were together was your mom and its because its their responsibility. I see it very difficult. If they're not interested I say go find new friends or join some organization were you get to share with people.

Im sorry. Im family split up too. And im 16, and im trying to figure it out. Just be strong! No matter how hard you try, you cant do it on your own. They have to try too. Im so sorry. Take care.

do something that all of you can relate to.