Need Expert Advice!!! Lost state i.d birth certificate, and social security card?

The hell I am going threw to get this in order. They treat me like I am some bomber. Okay I have been trying to get my state i.d but cant get that without my birth certifacate and it's killing me I have a new job interview and need my birth certificate and state i.d.

Can my mother help me get a new birth certifacate because she has all her documents and really she is the only proof to prove I am who I say I am.

4 Answers

  • Judith
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You can get a certified copy of your birth record from either the county clerk's office in the county you were born in or you can get it from the vital records office in the capitol city. It is usually cheaper and faster to get it from the county clerk's office. Don't you have school or medical records which can be used as ID?

    Once you get a certified copy of your birth certificate take it to your nearest social security office with ID and complete an application for a replacement card. Memorize your #. And then DON'T ever carry the card around with you. There is no reason to do so. Find a safe place at home in which to keep important documents and if you must show your card to anyone return it to that safe place where it belongs. Most employers simply require your SSN; very few ask to see the card.

    Source(s): I was a social security claims rep for 32 years.
  • 9 years ago

    you need to get a new birth certificate.the one your mother received at the time of your birth is no good in this need to find the proper office to get a copy of your certificate.i get the impression that you do not have a drivers license.if you did this problem would be easily get a license renewal,you are required to have a birth certificate,and the D.M.V. will direct you where to go to get your going to think i'm crazy,but to bet your birth certificate you must present you drivers license,or state you will have to find out what other documents they will accept.i feel your frustration,but it is the way the system works,and there is no use in fighting it.find some one that will take the time to give you proper directions.good luck.

  • 9 years ago

    You have to contact your Health Department in the country where you were born and request a new birth certificate. You should be able to do this by mail or if you live there, you can go in and get it. It will probably cost you $10. Look on line at your state's website. Once you have your birth certificate, you should be able to get your new SSI card with that and your drivers license and/or some other form with your SS # on it. Tax form or something. They can verify it on line. I suppose you would get a state ID at the drivers license branch.

  • 9 years ago

    You can just order a new one off the Internet. I think it's like 11. 25 if you want it rushed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.