why don't mean people admit they're mean?

like if you tell them they're mean they'll be like no i'm not or thanks or something like that

and i can't go up against them because they always win unless i'm equally bad and i don't want to be

no sara because i'm not mean - if i was i'm usually sorry about it

mean people should own up to being mean

and glenn there ARE mean people out there, not just show offs

lars hopefully you turned yourself around

lol ben my blood pressure rose when i read your first line

Favorite Answer

A good many mean people don't have any conscience and therefore honestly don't *know* they're mean. Some that DO know they're mean enjoy being so too much to admit to it. It's best to steer clear of mean people; but if that's impossible at least try to ignore them. Definitely don't take to heart anything mean they say to you!

You are wise to refrain from being mean back. That would just be stooping to their level. Here's a quote you may appreciate:

"Treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are." (Author Unknown)

Mean people are often oblivious to the fact that they are mean and the few that are intelligent enough to know that would never admit it to themselves.

It will take a lot more then just telling them to make them see it I'm afraid.

Yes, I did, but I needed to hit myself over the head a few times, it is hard to break bad habits even when one is aware of them.

Source(s): I was a bully when I was young and I didn't know I was then.

Because we're not mean, you big jerk!

Just kidding. No, it's because in order to get through the day, most people overlook their own flaws and cast themselves as the heroes of their stories. It helps them feel secure, and thinking they might be doing something wrong makes them feel insecure.

Glad I'm never like that. :)

Because they're showing off most of the time, not being mean (•‿•)

They are trying to clean their name out of people they do really dislike....

BECAUSE they are afraid. Would U ADMIT you are? yeah i didn't think so...