Why did he break up with me?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 11 moths (were in high school), and recently I had a pregnancy scare, and missed my period, I did not think I was pregnant though and as much as we both stressed out we got over it. Then yesterday we both went to our friends for a get together, and we he was acting all down while in school the same day he was fine, I kept asking what was wrong but he wouldn't answer, and finally he asked if I was sure I wasn't pregnant. He then left me on couch and I couldn't hold it in I started crying, The past week has been really hard on me and I cracked, he didn't even come to acknowledge me and didn't talk to me for the rest of the night, despite his friends telling him to talk to me. WHen I was leaving he stopped me by the door and told me we needed to talk, he told me he's been wanting to talk to me a week ago but then he was scared I might have been pregnant. He then concluded that that he "really liked me" the rest was a blur I stormed out. Why would he pretend everything was alright, and in a matter of hours decided to break up with me, why wouldn't he act different or at least hint to me he didn't like me anymore. I feel like I just got walked out on the person I needed the most.

Favorite Answer

I don't think it means he doesn't like you. It means he doesn't want to be in this kind of relationship. He realizes that you two are way too seriously involved for your ages and the pregnancy scare probably brought him to his senses. He realizes that he does not want to jeopardize both your education and his by taking chances like this. He probably just wants to enjoy life as a young guy. That is what you should do too. High school kids are truly not ready for the responsibility that comes with sexual relationships. You need to get over this and move on and start a new phase of your life. You need to develop new hobbies and interests. Get involved in new things. Maybe even find somewhere to volunteer. You will be helping others, which will help you stop focusing on things in your own life. It will help you develop a stronger sense of who you are, and also boost your self esteem and self confidence, and help you see how you need to move forward from this situation.

Maybe he was scared too, if you are in high school you really shouldn't have sex. I know, I know you hear that all the time make sure you use protection and maybe this wont happen again. He could have been worried and tried to contain himself and he snapped just like you.

He sounds like a piece of trash. Good riddance.