Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 9 years ago

Have you ever left your friends?

I think i will have to leave mine, i am very thankful for all that they have done for me. But they don't treat me as well as i treat them. I have been friends with them for about 2 years and we have gotten close a lot. But i think its time for me to move on and start a new life. So is this normal? I am 16 and i am going through a lot of changes lately...

Favorite Answer

It's plenty normal to realize that you've changed and to leave your friends in your teens. I did it plenty of times. However, you don't really seem to have a good reason, and you should definitely consider cultivating other relationships before striking out on your own. Furthermore, I don't think it would be necessary for you to formally dump them entirely. It's quite possible, and seems likely, that you're just looking for a little space to grow. Maybe a little distance for a while would be beneficial, but if you write them off for no better reason than just feeling like it, you aren't a very good friend and I wouldn't blame them if they never took you back. Don't do anything impulsive; you'll likely regret it.

It's definitely normal. People change over time, and friends can change in ways that make them completely different. I know it's happened to me a couple times.

It's SO normal. I found myself in the exact situation about this time last year, I was sick of being the third wheel, constantly being left out and done with all the bitcheness. I put my foot down and said thanks for the 4 years of friendship but things have changed and they have changed for worse. Good luck :)

It's healthy, actually. I think it would be a good choice for you. You don't have to complete anti-friend them, but not hanging around them anymore is not a bad idea.

If ur growing apart and have less in common than before,then Yes!

Find new friends!

please just stick a little longer to test it more. I regret leaving my friends and I don't know how to get close to them again!