Bart101 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

is this alot of food for a 15 year old? is this bad?

so far today i have eaten

a bowl of trix cereal

a waffle

20 strips of bacon

a few doritos

2 slices of pizza

a piece of pineapple

and a few twizzlers

drinks;

half a bottle of water

1 and a half bottle of gatorade

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You should be less concerned with the amount of food you are eating, and more concerned with the types of foods you are eating. The only beneficial thing on the list you gave is the water. The pineapple is acceptable, and the bacon is reasonably okay if you had 2 and not 20. Everything else is processed and a toxin that your body has to deal with. When your body is dealing with all these toxins, that means resources are being taken away from other things; things that could help you grow, learn, stay healthy, and perform better overall.

It is unfortunate that you have to be thinking about this stuff at 15, as your parents should be providing you with healthier options. If they aren't, talk to them about it. If they don't listen, seek out a health teacher at your school to discuss better options for you.

Source(s): Nutritionist
  • 9 years ago

i don't think you ate too much except the 20 strips of bacon i think you should eat more vegetables and fruits and less fast food and stuff. i don't think that you normally eat and drink this much of bacon or pizza or energy drink, or you wouldn't ask this question. this one time, i started to eat too much fast food and snacks so i gained 30-40 pounds in 3 or 4 months. but i still couldn't stop eating and drinking all those delicious things. So i created a kind of diet of my own. Every time i wanted to eat a junk food or snack, i ate a vegetable/fruit and then i ate half of the thing i wanted to eat. i also started walking every day for 30 minutes and i lost 20 or more pounds in 6 months. i would really recommend you this method, it really works. =^-^=

Source(s): BTW:Don't skip any meals and drink lots of water and EXERCİSE!! :D Hope i helped ;)
  • 9 years ago

It's about 1600-1900 calories I estimate. It is not really a ton of food. Once you get older (like 30), you have to watch the cholesterol but for now you are okay. If you are active it might be just right. Are you overweight? If so, I would not adjust your eating, but try exercise.

• Dai
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

that is gross! 20 strips of bacon???

doritos and twizzlers?? EAT REAL FOOD.

gatorade isn't good either, unless the person drinking it is sick and can't keep anything down, which is obviously not you right now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Nope, not at all. I've eaten much more than that before and I was completely fine. You're still pretty young, and you're still a teenager, so it's normal to eat large portions of food throughout the day. Don't worry about it. You're fine.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

20 strips of bacon? Yeah, that's a whole lot of food and you should feel bad; not necessarily because you ate a bunch of food, but because with that much fat in your body you should be having insane diarrhea.

• 9 years ago

im 15 too! so far I have had...

French fries

Spaghetti and broccoli

two bags of popcorn

chicken

hershey bar

drinkss;

ice tea

a bottle of water

Its completely normal,, i think! haha your prob just growing

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Yes it's bad if you do this everyday. But if this only once a week or once every two weeks. You ok.

• 9 years ago

no, i know people that eat much more than that and there fine

its important that teenagers should eat when they feel hungry,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.