Ways to eat angel food cake?
this is kind of a stupid question but i have angle food cake mix that i want to make but i dont have any frosting or powdered sugar. are there any creative ways you serve cake, like things you put on it or recipes you make using it. i just want to make something interesting but i cant think of anything to out on it.
- EllieLv 69 years agoFavorite Answer
You can ice it with a fruit preserve...red raspberry preserves makes a great icing for angel food cake.
If you have any instant pudding...this is super yummy on angel food cake:
1 package instant pudding mix, any flavor
2 cups milk
1 envelope Dream Whip
Combine ingredients and whip until thickened.
This recipe for chocolate dobash is excellent:
Dobash Cake Glaze
2 cups granulated sugar
3 Tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 stick butter
2 cups water
2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp. Salt
6 Tbsp cornstarch
1 cup water
1. In a pot whisk together sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir in water and vanilla, then add butter. Bring to a boil.
2. In a cup mix together the cornstarch and 1 cup water, and WHISK in to pot and bring to a boil again for 1 minute till clear.
3. Cool, Chill in refrigerator covered.
4. Cut chocolate chiffon cake into 3 layers. Ice with glaze.
This glaze will harden and stay on the cake!
- 9 years ago
I put a marshmallow frosting on it.
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 egg whites
1/4 cup marshmallow cream
1/2 cup coconut flakes, for decorating
- ApogeeLv 79 years ago
Serve it with strawberries, preferably fresh but frozen okay, and/or chocolate sauce
- 9 years ago