Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E on new tattoo?

I got a small cross on my forarm about 31/2x2 and my tattoo artist said no petroleum based products. So I bough some lotion, will my tattoo heal properly? I saw here a lot of people saying to wait to use lotion, and decided to ask you guys myself. Thank you in advance

Favorite Answer

No to petroleum or vaseline, it will fade the color of your tattoo. use anti bacterial ointment 3-4 days after your tattoo is done then switch to fragrance-free moisturizing lotion to prevent irritation.

I use that ointment that they give you in the shop to take home with you. You can also use the A&D ointment that is sold in target, walmart or supermarkets in the baby section. You can use petroleum based products. A lot of people say don't use it cause tons of people put way too much and that clogs the pores. A barely there amount is fine.

Source(s): I have 7 tattoos

The absolute best stuff I have found and I use it on all of my new tatts is paw paw cream/ointment.

It helps healing and stops or greatly reduces any itching. Follow normal wash dry moisturise routine and when its stops peeling switch to vitamin E or non scented moisturiser at least once a day for a while then weekly.

I discovered pawpaw cream after my first tatt. I was nearly driven mad by the urge to scratch. I used bepanthen on that one. I vowed never again. I saw the pawpaw cream and saw it was good for burns and rashes ect. I asked my artist he said it wont hurt so I used it and the tatt healed faster and without itching. My artist now stocks the pawpaw cream for his clients.

Source(s): got 7 tatts.

Lubriderm or Curel - use white, no dye, no scent lotions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXS9t1Ec7pY

Youtube thumbnail

luck~