How can a become a dogs favorite in the family?

I live with a big family and I just got my Labrador retriever . Everyone plays with him and all but I want to be its favorite ?

Favorite Answer

Dogs really know commitment so the love you give to him, it will return back. More tips for dog petting in my source :)

• Labrador dogs do tend to have someone they prefer to be around the most, yet they are still family dogs and will love everyone.

You will just have to be the dogs sole provider as far as feeding, walking, training, etc. If the dog sees you as the leader then it will gravitate to you. Labradors also enjoy protecting and caring for someone that is the most helpless and warm-hearted. It just really depends on your new dog's personality and who he prefers to be around the most.

Source(s): My golden-lab mix loved me and wanted to be around me since I was the sole provider, but she noticed my best friend was weaker (was ill) and needed someone to protect her thus she stuck around my best friend closer than she would me when my friend was over.

Generally the person that feeds and trains the dog will become closest to him. Start training you lab as early as 8 weeks, and be a strong leader, but be gentle. The more time you spend with the dog the more connected they will be to you. Even if other are playing with him you need to be the one that trains and feeds him. That way he will connect to you.

Why? owning a dog isn't a popularity contest. You have a lab, they are people oriented. you have a big family. Get used to having to share your dog's affection and grow up.

It's almost the same way you become a baby's favorite.

Give it treats, be nice to it, rub it, things like that.

• ?

Dogs don't have favorites they are not human ,its good you have a family puppy .

sorry dogs like who they like

just train, exercise, socialize, feed, groom and care for it