If you were a house buyer what do you think is better?

We are selling our house, I need to kind of fix it up for people to come and look at it. If you were a house buyer would you rather walk into a house that is simple, with not to many picture frames and "stuff" or walk into a house that looks like its been lived in but not messy?

Favorite Answer

Simple and clean. I would rather have a 'clean slate" to better imagine how my stuff would be suitable in the new space. One possibly surprising thing home sellers recommend is that there is a good "homey" smell in the house - bake an apple pie or something before you show the place or have fresh flowers around.

• Shea

When staging, you want people to be able to imagine themselves living there, so less is better and you want to depersonalize. People need to get an idea of how to use rooms so have bedrooms, dining rooms etc all set up for the purpose intended.

Less stuff is better. It makes it look like the house is roomier and people can imagine their own stuff in there more easily.

• Kenny

Simple . Otherwise I would wonder what all that stuff was covering up . I have a suspicious nature .

SHOWCASING a home has been proven to be more effective.

[furnished]