Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會及文化語言 · 8 years ago

why delete it?

Why do people always ask things on yahoo knowledge questions that I want to know about then always delete them afterwards?

Rating
    Favorite Answer

Question deletions by hosts

Dear 匿名,

I can understand your frustration with unreasonable deletion of knowledge items by the hosts. As a regular contributor to yahoo+ knowledge answers, i have similar frustration when a question is deleted not long after I furnish an answer to it. Indeed I wrote to demand a reason from the host of a knowledge item after I found out they nearly deleted all their posted questions. Unfortunately that person actually asked me to mind my own business as if they own the yahoo+ forum. The excuse was that they were busy and would not be available to manage the item when it became due, so the selfish move was to delete the item early to avoid the penalty mark deduction.

Apart from the selfish reason mentioned above, some hosts have to delete an item which does not get a satisfactory response. Again they also treated the yahoo+ forum as their own and do not let the public to choose and refer to a good answer for something people like you are interested in. They do not understand that although they may not be able to judge correctly on some knowledge that they are lacking, someone else can. Unless all answers received are of an absurd or irrelevant nature, I do not agree to the deletion action taken by these hosts.

It is a pity there is not much we can do about such selfish acts. Fortunately most contributors who want to share their knowledge in this forum do not mind. Genuine knowledge seekers like you will still be able to ask for the knowledge you want. Just post your questions up. I am almost sure they will attract good quality solutions from good people.

Regards.

eicachan

2012-04-01 20:07:59 補充:

隱藏身份可化名,隱藏記錄可匿名,不成刪題的合理原因。

2012-04-02 13:31:16 補充:

To be frank, I am not smart enough to keep up with new technologies.

So what Bad Apple said above is a new lesson for me.

However, the deletion is still quite a selfish if not immoral act.

2012-04-03 08:22:50 補充:

已把下面朋友意見轉給第二代知識豆:

「001,002答案提到題目到期不處理樓主會被扣分,有些樓主因此提早自行刪除題目,連帶內裡知識也消失了,求知者欲看不能太可惜和浪費了。

雅虎可以修改此例嗎?謝謝!」

希望雅虎有回應。

2012-04-03 11:32:27 補充:

匿名樓主:

雅虎(第二代知識豆)有回應:

「發問者自我刪除是一個產品功能,我會代為向同事反映。

但由於是產品功能,要時間研究,落實也要時間改,希望你明白。

在產品未能改善前,請善用文章功能。

如遇上有價值的問題,可先抄下問答,用文章功能發表。」

Source(s): , 第二代知識豆回信

In discussion issues on deletion by host in yahoo+knowledge,whether unreasonable or unforumnable,they are not afraid of penalty mark deduction/time due system;,but rather after the posting-response they've known.Once the response known, eg.God's poem ,they will select "delete" to save marks.Caring only about themselves and not about other people.How can they be so selfish?Recommend the penalty mark deduction system be abolished since it has benn existed for a long time!

I am fairly new to this forum so I do not know exactly how the system works. But if eicachan's answer is correct, may be we can make suggestion to the forum administrator to take away the penalty mark deduction mechanism. I don't know if that will help.

In my opinion, when a question becomes due and is neglected by the host, let's just make the question become an orphan, owned by nobody.

I also suggest that we should have a mechanism to allow a question become an orphan even before it becomes due. Sometimes, when an respondent ask for a clarification and the host fails to respond, I think the question should be treated as an orphan after a reasonable amount of time. At that point, we should be able to vote if we want to keep the question alive. Some question would not have any meaning without further clarification. For those questions, we would have no way to know if the answers make any sense. That is why we need to vote if such orphans we need to keep in the forum.

In the case the hosts remove the questions before due. The system should mandate the owners to put down some explanation on why they do that and we should be able to vote if the explanations are acceptable. If not, there will be a penalty mark deduction to the hosts.

I am glad we have a discussion of issues like this so we can have a chance improve the quality of this forum.

2012-04-01 12:32:05 補充:

"Bad Apple" in the comment gave his reasons why people deleted their questions. But all what he said are basically privacy issue. Isn't privacy is already well protected behind 匿名?

2012-04-02 05:05:38 補充:

This is a totally different issue. I don't know if you are bothered by the question titles. They all look the same like 中翻譯英, 翻譯英文,唔該好急 etc.

We should have a voting mechanism to encourage people to create better titles. Like "Best question title of the week" etc and they gain points if they win.

2012-04-02 13:39:02 補充:

What I am saying is, ideally the title should reflect what is inside. Sometimes you look at page and you see all titles are very much alike. If we can vote on the best title as well as the best answer, we may be able to improve the quality of the titles.