Why do conservatives deny global warming?

Ok, I'm not trying to debate whether human-caused global warming is real. My question is, why is it that conservatives (and especially american conservatives) deny global warming so strongly? I can understand why they would disagree with stuff like the Kyoto agreement (because it involves funding other... show more Ok, I'm not trying to debate whether human-caused global warming is real. My question is, why is it that conservatives (and especially american conservatives) deny global warming so strongly? I can understand why they would disagree with stuff like the Kyoto agreement (because it involves funding other countries), but why do right-wing people intrinsically distrust science? Why not accept the facts and then debate how to deal with the problem?
This could be a separate question, but I'll include it here. People often say that scientists "have" to agree with the global warming theory because their grants come from the government and you don't bite the hand that feeds you. But why is it the vast majority of scientists all over the world agree, regardless of the political inclination of the government ruling them? In particular, (most) american scientists have long agreed, even during periods with republicans in power.
I would ask why liberals DO believe it, but it seems to me that trusting the scientists is the logical thing to do. After all, they probably know what they're talking about better than fox news commentators.
Update: All right, there are several interesting answers, I should maybe clarify my question a little more. I wasn't asking you for proofs that man-caused climate change is real or not. My point is, I am not an expert, and as such, I don't feel qualified to look at ALL the facts and draw an independent and reliable... show more All right, there are several interesting answers, I should maybe clarify my question a little more. I wasn't asking you for proofs that man-caused climate change is real or not. My point is, I am not an expert, and as such, I don't feel qualified to look at ALL the facts and draw an independent and reliable conclusion. Of course I could try, but I really believe that people that have spent decades of their lives doing research on this probably know their stuff much better than me (and most of you guys).
Some people questioned my statement of a vast majority of scientists believing this. I admit I haven't really spent time counting scientific papers for or against the theory, and it's hard to do an estimation from reading websites, since we can find loads of websites for and against it. In that respect, I believe the most natural and neutral source of information accessible for an average guy is wikipedia (yes, I know wikipedia isn't reliable because anyone can edit