tdcj Inmate Visitation (Texas Department of Criminal Justice)?

can someone tell me HOW MANY visits can an inmate in TDCJ recieve (in all or if theirs a limit)

I know its in the Rules and Regulations of the Inmate handbook, but its on TDCJ.COM and its in an HTML or PDF and my comp doesn't allow me to open those up. Can someone copy and paste the Visitation section and e-mail it to me. or can someone somehow help me :-) please and thank you!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

The quote below is a direct copy and paste from the Inmate Handbook.

The number of contact visits allowed each month will count toward this total number.

Except in unusual circumstances, an offender will not be scheduled for a contact visit and

a general (non-contact) visit on the same day or on the same weekend.

1.5.1. Frequency of Contact Visits:

Based upon institutional behavior, and provided that eligibility criteria are met,

offenders in the following statuses and custody levels will be eligible for contact

visits, with the frequency as indicated below:

Custody Level

Level 1 –G1, J1, P1

Level 2 & 3 – G2, G3, J2, P2, P3

Level 4 (Institutional offenders SAT 3 & 4

with clear year and State Jail offenders with

clear year) – G4, J4, P4

All other Level 4’s – G4, P4, J4

Level 5 – G5, J5, P5

Level 5 (offenders on special penalty

cell restriction) – G5, J5, P5

Level 5 (GRAD offenders) – CG

Protective Custody Level 1 – 4A

Outside Trusty (OT), SAFP offenders (FT),

IPTC offenders (IT)

Medical (MD), Mental Health (MH),

MROP (II)

Frequency

1 contact visit per week

3 contact visits per month

2 contact visits per month

0 contact visits, 1 regular visit per week

0 contact visits, 2 regular visits per

month

0 contact visits, 1 regular visit per month

1 regular visit per week

3 contact visits per month

1 contact visit per week

(whatever computer recommended

custody allows)

"1.6

Number of Visitors Allowed:

Each offender is allowed to have up to two (2) adult visitors per visit. Children under 16

years of age may visit without being counted in this number. The number of children

allowed per visit will be based on the amount of space available for visitation and on the

visitor's ability to manage and control the children. Two seats are provided for visitors at

each visitation station...

2.0 WHO CAN VISIT WITH OFFENDERS

Approved Visitors List:

During the reception and diagnostic process, each offender shall be asked to submit a list

of no more than ten (10) names of proposed visitors to the Warden or designee. Each

name submitted must include the physical address of the proposed visitor and the

visitor's relationship to the offender. An offender must request to have a visitor added to

the list. The visitor cannot request the addition. The offender is required to identify all

individuals on his proposed Visitors List who are on active probation, parole or mandatory

supervision release. Newly received offenders will be given sufficient time to obtain

visitors' addresses for inclusion on the initial Visitors List. (Offenders may only include

physical addresses for visitors; post office boxes are not permitted.)

Children under 16 years of age do not have to be included on an offender’s

Visitors List to be eligible to visit and will not be counted toward the number of

visitors allowed per visit. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied

by an adult (18 years old or older) who is listed on the offender's approved

Visitors List..."

I hope this helps. Good Luck

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Criminal Records Search Database - http://CriminalRecords.raiwi.com/?roEq
  • Ellen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Get a No Cost Background Check Scan at https://bitly.im/aOkfw

Its a sensible way to start. The site allows you to do a no cost scan simply to find out if any sort of data is in existence. A smaller analysis is done without cost. To get a detailed report its a modest payment.

You may not realize how many good reasons there are to try and find out more about the people around you. After all, whether you're talking about new friends, employees, doctors, caretakers for elderly family members, or even significant others, you, as a citizen, have a right to know whether the people you surround yourself with are who they say they are. This goes double in any situation that involves your children, which not only includes teachers and babysitters, but also scout masters, little league coaches and others. Bottom line, if you want to find out more about someone, you should perform a background check.

• 3 years ago

Tdcj Visitation

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

tdcj inmate visitation texas department criminal justice

• kaytor
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Tdcj Offender

• 4 years ago

stacy louise alaniz

• 4 years ago

NEED HELP LOOKING FOR SOMEONE

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.