What would the word "Mara" symbolize in a dream?

I had this dream last night that I could go into further detail with, but I'm going to jump to the ending that has been puzzling me. I was in my front yard with two of my old teachers and my mom was giving us games. She gave my two old teachers a game, but she gave me a black case for my ipod nano. I told... show more I had this dream last night that I could go into further detail with, but I'm going to jump to the ending that has been puzzling me.

I was in my front yard with two of my old teachers and my mom was giving us games. She gave my two old teachers a game, but she gave me a black case for my ipod nano. I told her that this is just a case, not a game, and I need another one. She told me to just deal with it.

I then look over and there is a greenish-blackish chalkboard that I had written on. On the board, I wrote: "I love (with a heart shape) you Mara" and the next line down said "I've worked so hard but now I'm depressed", but I didn't write "depressed" instead a picture of a sad face with blue tears was shown. Next to the name Mara there was a face that would be similar to one on a totem pole. Whatever the totem pole represented, was where we were supposed to go next. Then I woke up.

I've been puzzled about "Mara" in particular after this dream, and after googling it there is a lot of folklore and religions that have representation of this as being a demon of dreams (though there are different variations of the word: mare, marah, etc.) and is the origin of the word "nightmare".

Has anybody had this come up in their dreams as well?
Does anybody have any idea as to what this could mean?
Update: I know that I don't know of anybody named Mara. That is the first thing I thought of and I have never crossed paths with anyone with that name. This is why I am so puzzled because there is no connection to that name with anyone in my life. It seems to just be a symbol.