Did Billy Idol rape someone?

My mom kinda listens to gossip and she told me that in the 90's Billy Idol was convicted of raping someone....honestly I looked it up and I think she's confusing him with someone else. Shed light if you can please.

• Favorite Answer

When I was 12, I was the biggest Billy Idol fan ever! Now I am over it..ehh whatever. No, I have not heard or read that...I think she is thinking of someone else...another singer...no I do not think that Billy ever did that. :)

EDIT: I just looked it up on Google...and the 1st thing that popped up was your question! It must not be true. Yay!

No, Billy Idol was never accused, or suspected, of raping anyone. He was certainly never convicted. He's never been in jail or prison.

She may be thinking of Gary Glitter, a glam rocker in the UK who was convicted of rape charges in Asian back then.

Probably confused him with Billy Eliot