Bella asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

WHat do you think was the saddest Harry Potter death??!!?

I think for me mine are Sirius because we got to know him and ya know none of the other deaths except Lily and James made a impact and then once Sirius died it was the first shock of death that made me cry my eyes out and Harrys reaction was just sooo sad another death would have to be Freds I mean really George without Fred is like half a heart you cant survive without the other half :(( and DUmbledores really was hoestly soo sad but quick I mean Harry has had to see sooo many deaths its horrible :((( Another ones defintely Dobbys hes sometimes annoying but really had helped Harry at times like when he gave him I forgot what its called for the 2nd task in the Triwizard cup!!!! I was really upset with how they just killed off Hedwig I mean seriously there wasn;t even EMOTION the bird he had had since his first visit to the Wizarding World:(( HOnestly though I was pretty upset at Voldermorts because that was like the end of the series pretty much it was like in the theater I saw a first premiere and when he died people cried because it was like my childhood just died:((( BUT THERES ALOT OF REALLY SAD DEATHS;((((((((( SO WHAT ARE YOURS

lol I know ;(((( I mean why would you kill the owl I mean they must have bad aim I mean not like I wanted HArry to die lol

Dee I know just wish they made owl invisibilty cloaks rofl

Favorite Answer

Wow you sure use a lot of smileys XD

There have been some pretty tough losses in Harry Potter, some really, really sad and emotional moments, but I felt like it had to be done honestly. Some of my of my characters died during the series, but it's okay because they will always be remembered as heroes. They died because they wanted to fight for what was right, they died because they wanted to protect their loved ones, they loved for humanity and that's what makes them so great :-) If everyone had survived it would have felt like a Disney movie, lol.

I will write a pretty long answer and I really hope you will read it all!

By a tiny margin, the saddest death in Harry Potter(for me) was Dumbledore's death. First of all, I was very raw when Sirius died, that was a complete shock for me! With the war going on/starting soon, the entire 6th book had a dark feel to it, although there was not much action. Mostly it revolved around school days and Quiddich, which I liked very much and then Dumbledore and Harry's secret meanings. It felt like a detective story figuring out the bits of Voldemort's past, about his childhood, killing his father, making Horcruxes etc. It also focused on teen crushes. At first, the atmosphere of the entire book was quite relaxing, romantic and comical, but unlike many, I ALWAYS had in the back of my mind the awareness that something scary would happen. I read the book very fast, in a few days and couldn't wait to see what would happen.

The twist came when Harry and Dumbledore, saw the final memory, in which they find out about the Horcruxes. The journey to the Horcrux cave was both dangerous and exciting in my mind and everything was fine, I was aware that they were in danger, but I figured Dumbledore will be there to protect Harry! The Fire storm Dumbledore cast to defend Harry from the Inferi was legendary in my mind, simply epic! But Dumbledore drank the "Drink of Despair" before that that obviously weakened him so much. The first time when I TRULY started to worry was when they were swimming back from the cave and Dumbledore said "I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.". That's when I felt he was wrong. Then they barely got back to Hogsmeade and then flew to the Astronomy Tower because they saw the Dark Mark. At that point I have already realized that something big was going to happen! The Chapter was called LIGHTNING STRUCK TOWER. I started putting the peaces of the puzzle together. Dumbledore's hand was blackened and dead because of the curse, he was at his weakest, he could barely walk, let alone fight because he drank the Drink of despair that nearly killed him and Malfoy and Snape have been up to something all year and that's when I knew, but I couldn't believe it. Not to mention, we were seeing a lot more of Malfoy and Snape throughout the book and Snape got to the position of D.A.D.A teacher. Dumbledore was right into the trap, alone and defenseless and that's when Draco came out. I knew by then that Dumbledore was going to die and my heart was pounding like crazy.

"Severus...please..."

"Snape raised his wand and pointed it directly at Dumbledore. "Avada Kedavra!" A jet of green light shot from the end of Snape's wand and hit Dumbledore squarely in the chest. Harry's scream of horror never left him; silently he was forced to watch as Dumbledore was blasted into the air. For a split second, he seemed to hang suspended beneath the shining skull, and then he slowly fell backward, like a great rag doll, over the battlements and out of sight."

I couldn't stop crying :'-(

Sisius' death in the Department of mysteries also affected me greatly, it was so shocking and unexpected! It all happened so fast in the head of battle and as you said Harry's reaction was heart-breaking. I was so mad with Bellatrix, I was probably more mad than harry himself, I was just in total denial.

Dobby's death was also heart breaking. He became a free elf and fought for the rights of all House elves, he was such a brave and loyal friend. He always loved and protected Harry Potter and to see him die in Harry's arms was unbareable. To have him, so weak, thin with big blue eyes, so innocent and kind, dying in your arms must have been awful for Harry. When Luna said"Close his eyes, that was he can be sleeping" OMG :'-(

Snape's death was also huge, but not as huge as his last memory. I was so mad at Snape at the end of HBP and DH, I hated him so much, but I felt bad when Voldemort killed him. But then when Harry saw Snape's last memories in the Penesive, omg what an emotional scene, probably one of the best in the entire series. I couldn't believe what I was reading! And the movie performance of Alan Rickman was amazing, but the reason I didn't put this 1st on my list is because it's overly exposed and a bit overrated.

Sirius and Snape are tied. I was so sad about Sirius for Harry. Harry's parents are dead, and Sirius was the closest thing to family. The fact that he say Sirius die right in front of his eyes was horrifying.

Snape? Well let's just say I'm a sucker for snape. I always knew he was good, even when he was a Jerk to harry. I always liked him too. When it was revealed all he did for Harry, Lily, and Hogwarts I was so upset that Rowling killed him off. His whole life he was bullied and in his adult years, people called him a coward when he was the farthest thing from it. The fact that Snape could have told voldemort that Malfoy was the owner of the elder wand (before harry disarmed him in malfoy manor), he could have saved his life. Instead he died to for not only Harry, but Draco aswell. He wasn't the nicest of people, but deep down he had a heart. So sad

I think the saddest death had to be Dobby. He was that thing you looked at that was so ugly that it was cute.

They always have to kill off the characters that have it rough in the beginning. I mean, COME ON. He had a hard life until Harry helped him.

Source(s): My broken heart.
  • Dee

Dobby and the Weasley twin. I forget which twin died (I wanna say Fred, but I'm not 100% on that, never could tell them apart), but it should have been Percy instead.

J.K. Rowling had a perfectly good explanation for killing off Hedwig. Harry couldn't have traveled with her without attracting attention and I see why she wrote it that way.

• Human

In the books - Dobby and Snape. It was unfair, I cried a bucket

In the movies - none. They don't make it realistic enough. Or maybe Voldemort's death

I didn't see any reason to kill both Lupin AND Tonks. What was the point of making Teddy (their son) an orphan? I know the Harry was his godfather and he was raised by Narcissa Malfoy's sister, but still, BOTH of them?????

Besides Sirius' death. I'd say Snape's death

Dobby dying! He was so chute and sveek.

• Mark G

Hedwig. It wasn't even the owl's war.