Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Curse word used a noun?

There's apparently a word, that when used a noun, is very very dirty but when used as a verb is completely fine. It was used a joke on a parody episode of "24" on the Simpsons and apparently ina George Carlin routine. PLEASE if you know what the word is, let me know!

Update:

thanks, but it's not the F word. Should have mentioned that before. It can ONLY be considered a curse word if it's used a noun.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

The "F" word can often be used as a verb, adverb, adjective, imperative, interjection, and noun.

The word can be used as an interjection, and its participle is sometimes used as a strong (not necessarily negative) emphatic. The verb to "F" may be used transitively or intransitively, and it appears in compounds, including "F" off, "F" you, "F" up, and "F" with. In less explicit usages (but still regarded as vulgar), "F" or "F" with can mean to mess around, or to deal with unfairly or harshly. In a phrase such as "don't give a 'F'", the word is the equivalent of "damn", in the sense of something having little value. In "what the "F"?!", it serves merely as an intensive. If something is very abnormal or annoying, "this is "F--ed"up!" may be used.

The "F" word is an English word that is considered vulgar. In its most literal meaning, it refers to the act of sexual intercourse. By extension it may be used to negatively characterize anything that can be dismissed, disdained, defiled, or destroyed and may also be used as an intensive.

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%7BInsertWordHere%7D

Source(s): . ©tori♫♪♫♪®™
  • 9 years ago

I can think of a word that is "bad" as a noun but "fine" as a verb, but I'm not sure I can get it past the ***** mechanism on Y!A. It rhymes with "stick" and begins with a P.

• 6 years ago

prick

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.