Orange light on laptop?

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and there's an orange light above my battery symbol, it's not flashing though. Is this bad?

I also ALWAYS have my laptop charger plugged in, so it's always charging.

Favorite Answer

Most likely your battery is dying soon.

The light operates as follows:

Solid orange: The battery charge is critically low

Flashing orange: The battery charge is low.

Batteries gradually lose their capacity to store energy as they age over time, maybe its time for a new replacement. You could also try some tips below to see if this will help.

Remove the battery and charger/ac adapter/power cord from your Toshiba Satellite laptop, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to discharge any residual current inside the laptop. This clears your RAM and is like a hardware reset. Replace the battery and charger/ac adapter/power cord and turn your laptop on.

Check if it's something to do with your laptop power cord or power source problem. Insufficient power might cause some of those issues as well. Take the battery out and power on your Toshiba Satellite laptop with the charger only.

---Make sure your laptop power jack and charger plug tip are securely connected. If power jack is loose you can find laptop power jack on ebay. However, fixing and soldering the power jack requires professional skill.

---Always, the green/blue LED on charger needs to be constantly on. If not, replace the defective charger. Since battery/ ac adapter has its own lifespan and does not last forever, to help you save up some, you can consider getting a Toshiba Satellite charger under lifetime warranty from store like topmic.com

Wish the Best.

I don't have a Toshiba, but for my computer that just means the battery is about to run out (less than 10%-probably about the same in your situation). Check to see how much power your computer has left.

You're almost out of battery power, or someone turned off the wireless internet feed, just push the button on you computer.

1

#1 Powerful Tactical Flashlight - http://FlashLight.uzaev.com/?cTPV