Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

CC
Lv 7
CC asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 9 years ago

Does Simon Callow have talent?

Not that his reputation would lead me to think Callow would be gracious if he could help it - but I just saw Jonathan Antoine's amazing debut on Britain's Got Talent, and was floored when Callow was so uncomplimentary to Jonathan's female partner, who has a very nice voice in her own right.

Which made me wonder about Callow's background. I Googled but kept running into the distinguished actor by the same name. Can someone tell me more about him?

Thank you.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Simon Phillip Cowell is the most successful singing talent judge of all time. His pay is over US$75million last year for creating The X-Factor. Television viewers have their say in the contest by voting on-line; whereas the judges' tasks are different. Their critical reviews and appraisals on the performance would greatly influence over the votes to decide the finalists. Note that Simon has no ultimate control on who is the final winner - for example, he disliked Taylor Hicks and Kris Allen to be the winners. Simon clearly favoured Clay Aiken, Katharine McPhee, David Archuleta, Melinda Doolittle, Adam Lambert and Crystal Bowersox....but they still eventually lost. So Simon is not spot-on all the time but it doesn't mean that he is no good. Like it or not, even if you hate his antics...Simon is God. It is the business of television artistry that he excels.

As a judge, Cowell is known for his blunt and often controversial criticisms, insults and wisecracks about contestants and their abilities. He is also known for combining activities in both the television and music industries, having promoted singles and records for various artists, including television personalities. He was most recently featured on the fifth series of Britain's Got Talent and the first season of The X Factor USA.

In 2010, the British magazine New Statesman listed Cowell at number 41 in a list of "The World's 50 Most Influential Figures 2010".[1]

• 9 years ago

He shops at baby gap and wears it. If thats not talent then what is. Acually, Simon cowell is a music producer

• 9 years ago

Simon Cowell is a music producer and he has written songs.

• 9 years ago

No, but he is knows it!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

He doesn't need it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.