How many times can I type an incorrect facebook password?

I want to snoop through my boyfriend's facebook. I don't want to hear about people's opinions or the morality of this. I simply want an answer to the question. How many times can I try to type his password without raising suspicion or without him noticing?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

3 I think. But you can try it with your own account and entering an incorrect password to test the notifications you recieve. There is a setting in Facebook though, that if he has it turned on, will notify him of logins from new computers, so you may want to only do it on a machine that he has logged in on before.

Yes, just one mistake in the password entry and his email account will receive a message containing the following:

=========

Subject: Getting back onto Facebook

Hi <the_username_here>,

Sorry you've been having trouble logging into your Facebook account.

=========

There will also be a link in the message for instant log in. Unless he's the suspicious type, that will probably make him think that somebody tried to log in to his account with a wrong password. Try it on your FB account, put an incorrect password just once and check your email. You'll see that message in your inbox.

After every 3 incorrect tries, you will be required to fill up the captcha box before you can continue. Once you have correctly filled in the captcha box, you will again have three tries to guess his password but he won't be notified anymore. The notification is only on the first failed attempt.

However, I think after 24 hours, the notification counter for the 1st failed try is reset so if you make a failed attempt again the next day, he will be notified again.

Source(s): Did it just now to make sure.

many times

hello some one trying to change my password and he did it but get code number through my mail and i try to recover my password with code more then 3 times but now its not open waht shoud i do

Only once. If you mistake once, then he'll notify by facebook 'your facebook account was try to access on this region, this operator (if via phone), time etc.'

hi ash, better u can remember ur password and login once successfully !

I need more details

thx for the replies, very much appreciated.