Paladin asked in 社會與文化語言 · 8 years ago

each of which???

Mr. Johnson has a pleasant personality .He is easy _

A)to get along with

B)enough that we can get along with him

C)for us to get along with him

答案是A),其它兩個都不行嗎?

The course was divided into three sessions, _ was taught by a different instructor.

A)each of them

B)each of which答案是B),A)可以嗎?

6 Answers

Rating
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Mr. Johnson has a pleasant personality .He is easy _

A)to get along with

B)enough that we can get along with him

C)for us to get along with him

答案是A),其它兩個都不行嗎?

You seem to accept the choice (A) without any problem so I will not elaborate choice (A).

For choice (B), if you write it as " He is SO easy enough that we can get along with him", then you can choose it.

For choice (C), if you write it as "it he is easy for us to get along with him", then you can choose it.

The course was divided into three sessions, _ was taught by a different instructor.

A)each of them

B)each of which答案是B),A)可以嗎?

Of course, you can choose either one of them, there is NO difference to choose either one of them. After all, which=three sessions=them.

2012-03-29 13:10:28 補充:

for "He is SO easy that we can get along with him", you can also write it as:

He is easy enough for us to get along with.

2012-03-29 13:13:55 補充:

The reason you don't want to use:

"He is easy enough that we can get along with him"

is because "enough" is an adverb in this sentence, and "that we can..." is a noun clause.

2012-03-29 13:14:56 補充:

"easy" is used to describe "he", so you would have an adverb to describe a noun clause, that doesn't sound right !

2012-03-29 13:27:13 補充:

The reason "enough" is an adverb is because it is placed behind an adjective "easy". This is why I suggest to use "He is easy enough for us to get along with", because "for us to get along with" is a preposition phrase uses as an adjective.

2012-03-29 13:28:06 補充:

Hence, "enough" as an adverb to describe "for us to get along with" will NOT violate the grammar rule.

2012-03-29 13:35:09 補充:

Master Louis! I agree with your saying. However, if we can modify this sentence a little, then (A) is still acceptable:

The course was divided into three sessions. Each of them was taught by a different instructor.

2012-03-29 13:36:06 補充:

Thank you for reminding me about "附屬子句"!

2012-03-29 13:54:12 補充:

By the way, you can also use " coordinate clause" (對等子句) as:

The course was divided into three sessions and each of them was taught by a different instructor.

2012-03-29 13:58:17 補充:

what master Louis said is about "complex sentence" (合句) = main clause (主要子句) + subordinate clause (附屬子句).

2012-03-29 13:59:34 補充:

I gave you so many information is just to let you know. Language is very flexible, you can use different ways to express the same idea.

2012-03-29 14:03:13 補充:

NO! there is NO passive meaning in it! In fact, it is an active meaning, because it uses "having...". In this question, using "having prepared" is better than "to have prepared", because

2012-03-29 14:04:37 補充:

preparing an exam is a process, not just an one-second action. Therefore, using a "V-ing" can express such a process.

2012-03-29 14:05:56 補充:

You cannot use "prepared", because, it is YOU do the preparation, NOT someone else do the preparation TO you.

2012-03-29 14:09:09 補充:

the reason you need to use "understood" in "make yourself _ by" is because of "by". In this question, the "understanding" is DONE BY audience, not you, so passive tense shall be used.

2012-04-02 13:17:14 補充:

For your speechless, I will award you with an Oscar Best Speech Award !

Source(s): self
  • 8 years ago

@ ⤒⤒⤒ 002 ⤒⤒⤒

選擇題如果選了錯誤的答案,可以說我的答案經過修改也可以是正確的?

請問那個答案經過修改後不能是正確的?

2012-04-02 00:10:56 補充:

Understandably, Master Louis did not care to comment.

DSG's response is self explanatory as to why we are speechless.

• Chen
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

B each of which = And each of them

• 阿昌
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

約翰遜先生有一個愉快的個性,他很容易_

A相處

B不夠,我們可以與他相處

C我們與他一起

該課程將分為三節,_是由不同的教師授課。

A他們中的每

B每個

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

_ for the exam well,he can answer these questions easily.

A)having prepared B)being preparing C)to prepare D)prepare

Q1:答案是A),它有被動的意思嗎?

Q2:如果答案只有prepared,可以嗎?

Q3:關於to+v or ving 放句首,在判斷上有什麼比較顯而易見的區分嗎?

常常被搞亂~

2012-03-29 13:55:56 補充:

If you don't speak clearly and loudly, you can't make yourself _ by the audience.A)understood B) understand

答案是A) 固定用法嗎? 以上兩題麻煩大家再幫忙一下~感謝~

2012-03-29 14:19:59 補充:

DSG大

I can't thanks you any more.

• Louis
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

第二句是不能選A作答案的,因為會讓前後兩個子句沒有任何結構上關係。B內有關係代名詞which,才能讓後面的子句和前面的子句形成附屬關係。

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.