Anyone else think the hunger games is pointless/stupid?

I know I'm probably going to get a lot of hates from crazed fans but it's alright, I don't mind it and I would like to express my opinion

In my school almost every one is going crazy over the hunger games, even the teachers are making us read it, I just finished reading(under teacher's command) and think that the book is very stupid, the writing is plain and boring and it doesn't make me want to read more.

I have read a lot more other books that deserves a movie more than the hunger game, I just don't understand why is it so popular.

My theory is that the reason the hunger games is popular is because that it's a trend going on and teenagers loves following trends so one after one they followed the hunger games trend, it's popular not based on how good the writing or how interesting the book is.

So does anyone else think the hunger games isn't that great at all?

• b97st
    Best Answer

The Hunger Games is simply the new Twilight--some middle-aged lady takes a well-worn but respectable genre, dumbs it down and adds some teenybopper loveydovey stuff, publishes and gets a movie deal out of it and thousands of hormonal teenage girls and boys of dubious heterosexuality proclaim her a genius and make her rich. Fairplay to her though, clearly saw there was a market for it and took full advantage.

You make a very convincing argument against the books! :)

When I found the books, I had no idea they were popular, I just really liked the story. Personally, I liked the writing style. It seemed new and different which was appealing. There isn't much of a hook in the beginning of the first book, but it was enough to make me want to keep reading more, but probably only because I write a lot and know how much work the author must of put into it. (Downside of writing a lot-- you are MUCH too empathetic with writers!)

I agree, there are a lot of people out there who are reading the books just because its a trend, and there ARE more good books that should be made into a movie ( PJO series needs a redo! So does Eragon! And what happened to Artemis Fowl?) But personally, I liked it a lot, and enjoyed the writing style. :D

I think the reason HG is so popular is because people see it as the future of our own society (yeah, yeah, it seems impossible, its just what people are saying) and because they have some pretty cool actors in the movie. However, some people do just like it for the story and the writing style, which I think, are some of the right reason's to enjoy any book. :)

Source(s): Read the books way to many times...

**** you it is amazing. And I am not following a trend I loved the hunger games the day it was published. And it is a well written story and it has important morals and lessons. I am 15 years old and the hunger games trilogy are the only books I have ever read in my life. Every other book I just stopped reading or never attempted. You hobo

• Frappucino6 years agoReport

rubbish. there's so many details we don't get and the story is rushed. the romance is disgusting (peeta-katniss).

• SCREAM

I have not yet read it, but seriously, you're only argument is "it's stupid?" "The writing is plain and boring?" Care to elaborate? Your question is a pathetic attempt to validate your opinion by rallying others who agree yet probably know nothing more about it than I do (as I said, I have not read it). Reread it, as you probably didn't understand the broader themes and meaning behind it. That's my theory.

• Honestly, it was interesting in and unusal way, but I found it macabre. It made me feel sick especially when she talks about 'the living hunk of meat that used to be Cato.' Eww. Very psycologically twisted book.

i totally agree with you, i read the books, horrible, i saw the movie, even worse, it is probably the worst books and movie i have ever seen in my entire life. and whoever says on here that it's not stupid and other **** like that, stick it up your ***

Source(s): ME

Worst game . It makes players mind worse

I couldn't agree with you more. It is stupid, pointless, unrealistic, ridiculous and just all around is a weird movie/book. However, they are ******' entertaining haha. Once I started reading that book, I couldn't put it down. But yeah, I do agree with you on that one...

• Lauren

never read any books but the movie was dissapointing

I've never read it but I hate it already.