Anime Poll 2: Anime vs Cartoons?

1. Better animation: Anime or Cartoons

2. Larger fanbase: Anime or Cartoons

3. More fanmade adaptations: Anime or Cartoons

4. More "Classics": Anime or Cartoons

5. More memorable moments: Anime or Cartoons

6. Better Voice actors: Anime or Cartoons

7. Better movie adaptations: Anime or Cartoons

8. More likely to make you laugh (if its a comedy) in the first episode: Anime or Cartoon

9. More merchandise (plushies, toys, cards etc) if popular: Anime or Cartoons

10. More likely to be watched when older: Anime or Cartoons

***Miscellaneous: More likely to be watched during the era of Toonami: Anime or Cartoons

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

1. Better animation: Cartoons, because from the ones I've seen, they don't cut corners like in anime.

2. Larger fanbase: Mm ...Anime.

3. More fanmade adaptions: I'd say anime because of all the fan-made doujinshi and fanfiction.

4. More "Classics": Anime but not by much.

5. More memorable moments: Cartoons because I've seen way too much anime to make most scenes memorable.

6. Better voice actors: Anime because in some cartoons (not all) the voice actors/actresses don't even seem to try.

7. Better movie adaptions: Anime but it all depends on the series being adapted. In most cartoon movie adaptions I see, it's usually VERY predictable but in some anime movie adaptions, not so much.

8. More likely to make you laugh in the first episode: It really depends on the show. I know you said "if its a comedy" but my humor isn't like the average high-school girl due to all the stories I've read/watched so if it's the average cliche humor, I don't like it. But I do see less of average cliche humor in anime.

9. More merchandise: Anime by a long shot. (The Japanese can get a little... overly-happy about their merchandizing.)

10. More likely to be watched when older: Anime because there's always something new and fresh. Cartoons, on the other-hand, make it pretty hard to find something constantly changing and getting better.

***Miscellaneous: More likely to be watched during the era of Toonami: I'd say cartoons since I don't think anime was that popular during that time.

• 8 years ago

1. Better animation: Anime

2. Larger fanbase: Anime

3. More fanmade adaptations: Anime

4. More "Classics": Cartoons

5. More memorable moments: Cartoons

6. Better Voice actors: Cartoons

7. Better movie adaptations: Anime

8. More likely to make you laugh (if its a comedy) in the first episode: Anime

9. More merchandise (plushies, toys, cards etc) if popular: Cartoons

10. More likely to be watched when older: Both

I'm not sure of the Miscellaneous question as I live in Canada and we never got Toonami, so I won't bother answering it. But this was pretty fun to answer, thanks!

• 8 years ago

1. Anime

2. Anime

3. Cartoons

4. Cartoons

5. Anime

6. Anime

7. Cartoons

8. Anime

9. Cartoons

10. Anime

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.