Any advice where to apply for loan to pull out equity on home with no mortgage?

We have poor credit from a few years ago. We were able to pull out my husband's retirement to purchase a very modest home that needed a lot of work. We have been able to pay cash for the majority of improvements, but are looking to pull out the equity in the home to finish things up, so that we can move in... show more We have poor credit from a few years ago. We were able to pull out my husband's retirement to purchase a very modest home that needed a lot of work. We have been able to pay cash for the majority of improvements, but are looking to pull out the equity in the home to finish things up, so that we can move in rather than keep up two homes and the expenses that go along with that. I have searched around on the internet for help - but am only finding things that ask for home purchase of more than $100,000. We are looking to take out a MUCH smaller amount than that .... more like $20,000 to $25,000 (if even that). Anyone have a similiar situation & can guide us towards a good lender or somewhere to start. Not having much luck digging through all the stuff on the internet! Thank you.