Needing a game to immerse myself into...?

I need a new hobby instead of drinking and partying, since I always do really dumb stuff when I'm messed up, so I decided to find a new game that I can just immerse myself into. I've been playing WoW for the past few days (never have before) and really like it. But the friend I've been playing with... show more I need a new hobby instead of drinking and partying, since I always do really dumb stuff when I'm messed up, so I decided to find a new game that I can just immerse myself into.

I've been playing WoW for the past few days (never have before) and really like it. But the friend I've been playing with won't play with me unless I stick around his level... stupid! I could play with another friend but he plays on an RP PVP server... I don't know if that will be fun.

My other friend wants me to play Diablo III with him when it comes out, but I'd much rather feel closer to the character than see everything from a helicopter view. I just don't know what to do, or if I should play WoW by myself, or on an RP server, or wait for Diablo III. And I already bought a 60 day card... ideas?