kyle asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 years ago

How Long will marijuana stay in my system?

I have a drug screening test coming up in about 2 weeks. I'm 205 lbs and I have never smoked weed before. So how long will it stay in my system for?

• Keith
    Best Answer

Kyle,

If it was a one time smoke, you will pass the test and here is why.

Marijuana has a half-life in your system. How long it takes to leave your system depends on how much you smoke. But the time maxes out at around 45 days. One smoking session for someone with a clean system takes about 3-4 days to be clean. Smoke 2 days later and then have to wait about a week, and so on. The time it will take roughly doubles every time you smoke until it maxes at about 45 days to be clean. So if you are maxed out and you wait about 2 weeks and then smoke again, you're basically back to 45 days.

Marijuana can be detected in urine for nearly a week after smoking. Blood tests can be more accurate, and it might take a month to be totally clear. Hair tests show every drug ever taken when that hair was growing - this is why you see so many drug addicts with shaved heads or buzz cuts, by the way. Also by the way: taking laxatives and drinking wacky chemicals won't "cheat" a drug test. It will just make you go to the bathroom! These drug tests are designed by experts who anticipate what the drug user might do.

Be very careful of "remedies" for getting around drug tests. They flat out do not work and could do damage to your body.

Source(s): Family of Nurses

The average is about 30 days. I.know it's longer if your a regular smoker so it's probably good you've never smoked before. try taking an at home drug test before you go to your screening

Marijuana takes about 14 to 30 days for marijuana to get out of your system . However, hair follicle tests typically detect THC (marijuana) for up to 3 months after you have quit using. I think by now, marijuana should be out of you system.

If you wish to pass the drug test without cleaning your system asap then read the article mentioned below: http://bigbudsmag.com/lifestyle/article/can-medica...

It stays in your system forever and ever, dude. Thousands of years from now some future archaeologist will dig up a bone and say 'Wow, this guy was a real stoner!'

Seriously, the drug molecules in pot (cannabinoids) are fat soluble, not water soluble. They lodge in your fat cells and are broken up only when the fat cells die and are replaced. So pot has a 'half life in the body of anywhere between a week and a month, depending on who you believe. The cannabinoids are slowly metabolized into -metabolites- (products of metabolism) , and THOSE show up in your urine. The test is not for the pot itself but the metabolites.

So, bottom line, it's going to be in your system for a while.

• Leo

Just tell them to get off it if you fail your test. It was a little harmless reefer that they would have never knew about unless you got drug tested. It should only be about how you do your job, that makes you capable of loosing your job. If my company would fire me, they would loose one of their most productive workers on the force, and they know that.

6-8 weeks where a drug test is concerned. Better figure 8 weeks.

generally it stays in your system for a couple of weeks.

if you drink a good amount of water between that time you will be fine.

how long marijuana takes to leave your system depends on how much you smoke. you can check the table http://wikidisease.org/how-long-does-marijuana-sta... to see how exact time you need.

• Veena

average 30 days longer regular smoker good ve smoked home drug test screening

• tedead

I hope you fail! There's a lot of drug free people that are desperate for jobs. This isn't the 60's dipsh*t. Get off the drugs.