Could the Qu'ran have been revealed by the opposer or is my theory flawed?

As an agnostic (though leaning towards Atheism) I am making a point to learn about both religions, and these verses are of interest. If we assume god guided people as they wrote the Torah/Bible as Christians say god did (Torah is essentially a Bible without the New Testiment attached) then this passage presents an interesting arugment:

galatians 1:6-10 specifically #8 which says not even an angel should be preeching something contrary to the teachings of the Bible:

"6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,

7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ."

With that in mind, and there may be other passages like it, then you begin to realize why people in the time of Muhammed, specifically Chirstians and Jews were suspicous of him and felt his teachings incompatible. The Dead Sea Scrolls show the Bible has not change since the time of the authors of the News Testiment and I should mention this: There are Islamic scriputes (namely a Hadih I came across) that tell people to reach such things as "Tawrat" and "Inji", Tawrat meaning Torah and Injil meaning Gospel in Islam. Why would a religon that says these books are wrong tell people to read them?

My logic is probably very off here, but it is common knwoledge that Satan is a fallen angel, a former angel himself, sometimes refered to as the opposer, then he should have all the powers of an angel. Here me out here, though his powers will be limited compared to god, it wouldn't be the first time he has transformed in order to decieve someone. Although the Qu'ran does praise god, if we take that logic, you realize there is once crucial differance Islam and Christianity. Muslims don't accept the Christian version of Jesus (which was written about before the Qu'ran existed), so even though the book praises god (and may or may not refer to the same god) because it doesn't say Jesus died for sins and Muslims don't believe this, that would mean that even if the god refered to in the Qu'ran is the same, people like me would still end up in hell. An intersting note would be that I also read that one of the ninety-nine names of Allah translates liturally as "Deciever". Roman history is generally well documented so perhaps the events of the New Testiment can be cross-examined with a Roman point of view.

Not everyone does sahre my beliefs but Freedom is always the freedom of the one who thinks differently, so if I am wrong then do tell. I think all the religious people try to mislead each other but given the attitude of many Mulsims I will keep on fighting. I personally don't think the Islamic and Christian gods are the same but for the sake of argument I said there were.

I have actually not been to church in years. Yet, I feel the biblical description of god supports the theory of 10 dimensions which seems to be gaining more credence every year. Unless I'm mistaken, the god Allah, is limited to being "above the heavens and over his throne in a way that suits his majesty," whereas the Judeo-Christian god is not limited in this way and they have other differences but that difference I mentioned means god can be present in creation and the description of him in terms of the trinity suggests god is in every place at every time, and this can only be achieved by an entity

Favorite Answer

I think you are starting from the wrong assumption - don't worry nearly everyone does. Your assumption is that the Quarn, Talmud, and/or Bible are actually "inspired" words of some sort of god and that they should be considered as being "true".

The real question should be what evidence supports the Talmud, Bible and/or Quran. (It should be noted that if the claims of the earlier books are shown to be false, then anything after them is also false). We know that the creation accounts of all three religions do not come close to matching what the evidence shows us.

A different way to look at this is that you are looking at the claims of each religion as being "true" or equally "true" without understanding what the evidence actually shows. From a historical/scientific perspective, there is no reason to think that a global flood or any other event caused by "God" or "Allah" happened.

Only a Christian can go the you've gone. You accept the NT as God's Word, written by men, while no one else does. We can just say the writers of NT were making sure the people stuck to what they said, or in this case, wrote.

Islam acknowledges the Torah and the Gospel as originally the revealed Word of God, but it also teaches that those books are no longer valid, in addition to having lost their original forms. So Islam doesn't encourage Muslims to read those books, but reading them in the quest for knowledge is a different matter. If a Muslims reads those books, it is to see what's written in them, not to seek guidance.

First time I'm hearing about one of Allah's names being "Deceiver". I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed something like that, but then again, the enemies of Islam are notorious for misleading other non-Muslims with their imaginative horror stories about Islam, so that's no surprise.

You, being a Christian, may believe the Devil is a fallen angel. Muslims don't believe that. Islam teaches that angels are beings that God created and are obedient to Him by their very nature. They have no free will. The Devil is a jinn, the first one (as Adam was the first human). God had elevated him to a high position and given residence in Heaven, but he was cursed and cast out for his arrogant disobedience.

You can't prove the truth of your beliefs by assuming others believe what you believe. As it is, you'd be in a dilemma if you realized that not everyone share your beliefs.

• Vanmom

Probably.

Romans 8:2-4 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life (set me free) from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by (sending his own Son) in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so condemned sin in sinful man, in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

The Son came in flesh to conquer it and to give his Spirit to those who know him and to be released to those laws that those who don't know him are under. Muslims are under the law, which Jesus came to conquer. It is impossible to keep all the laws and they actually fight against the flesh, making it difficult.

Your logic is not flawed. Google Walid Shoebat. He's an ex-Muslim who turned to Christianity when he compared the Qu'ran to the Bible.

You cannot apply logic to something that is intrinsically illogical. Torah, Bible, Qur'an, all very deep and well meaning (full of cliches and truisms) but fundamentally illogical.