Do you think Trayvon's parents will copyright his Twitter name too?

Since they're looking to make a few bucks by trademarking "I Am Trayvon" and "Justice For Trayvon", why don't they also trademark "NO_LIMIT_NI66A"? That would make a very nice

t-shirt for the upcoming riots.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/trayvon-martin...

That would be realist, not racist. There is a difference.

• Favorite Answer

I'm surprised that Trayvon's parents had the time to go to D.C., given that they have been very busy applying for trademarks for the catchy 'Trayvon' slogans, - essentially making them the apparent CEOs of "D34D TR4YV0N, Inc.".

I wonder what fine products they'll manage to create by prostituting their dead son? Perhaps some durable DT coffee mugs, some quality DT ball-point pens and,... if you order within the next 24 hours, you'll get a bonus DT mouse pad, a $3 value, absolutely FREE (just pay $10 S/H). Don't wait! Order your DT items NOW... (Trayvon's parents are standing by) ...

Source(s): Saint Christopher Walken Patron St. of Parent Companies
  • Mutt

You do understand that trademarks and copyrights are two completely different things, right? They are not interchangeable like you are talking about. Having a trademark does not mean that you own any copyright to anything.

As for a trademark on those phrases, it would only be good in the context of their son. If another person is named "Trayvon", they could produce a shirt themselves with the phrase "I Am Trayvon" and it would not be trademark violations.

• wizjp

Only if there is a buck to be made for someone

They'll most likely use those funds to pursue a wrongful death civil case against Zimmerman, which is their right to do.

Quit whining.

Well, that's actually a pretty smart idea. Looks like they're making sure no one profits from his death.

its not about the money, they quit their jobs to pursue justice, not money

why are you making it about the money

Source(s): I want some obama money

I hope you get shot to death.

when ever they say it is not about the money, it is always about the money

Wow, are you racist.