Do you think Trayvon's parents will copyright his Twitter name too?

Since they're looking to make a few bucks by trademarking "I Am Trayvon" and "Justice For Trayvon", why don't they also trademark "NO_LIMIT_NI66A"? That would make a very nice

t-shirt for the upcoming riots.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/trayvon-martin...

Update:

That would be realist, not racist. There is a difference.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

I'm surprised that Trayvon's parents had the time to go to D.C., given that they have been very busy applying for trademarks for the catchy 'Trayvon' slogans, - essentially making them the apparent CEOs of "D34D TR4YV0N, Inc.".

I wonder what fine products they'll manage to create by prostituting their dead son? Perhaps some durable DT coffee mugs, some quality DT ball-point pens and,... if you order within the next 24 hours, you'll get a bonus DT mouse pad, a $3 value, absolutely FREE (just pay $10 S/H). Don't wait! Order your DT items NOW... (Trayvon's parents are standing by) ...

Source(s): Saint Christopher Walken Patron St. of Parent Companies
  • Mutt
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

You do understand that trademarks and copyrights are two completely different things, right? They are not interchangeable like you are talking about. Having a trademark does not mean that you own any copyright to anything.

As for a trademark on those phrases, it would only be good in the context of their son. If another person is named "Trayvon", they could produce a shirt themselves with the phrase "I Am Trayvon" and it would not be trademark violations.

• wizjp
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Only if there is a buck to be made for someone

• 9 years ago

They'll most likely use those funds to pursue a wrongful death civil case against Zimmerman, which is their right to do.

Quit whining.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well, that's actually a pretty smart idea. Looks like they're making sure no one profits from his death.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

its not about the money, they quit their jobs to pursue justice, not money

why are you making it about the money

Source(s): I want some obama money
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

I hope you get shot to death.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

when ever they say it is not about the money, it is always about the money

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Wow, are you racist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.