Has anybody studied travel and tourism?

Im just wondering has anybody studied travel and tourism at level 3?

and if so what do you or are you hoping to do at the end of it , when qualified?xxxxxxxxx

Favorite Answer

I'm not sure what you mean by level 3 but, there is a whole scholarship related to tourism.

I study the sociology of tourism. Sociology is a rather broad discipline which touches on economics, psychology, philosophy, and other social sciences. I am particularly interested in the Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC). I am interested in how events like EDC generate jobs and revenue for the economy. A previous study on sports stadiums and sports teams revealed that no sports team or stadium has ever had a long term positive impact on the area.

So what do I hope to do when done. I am going to be a university professor. I am getting my PhD. Some things you could do is/are: work for the convention and travelers authority, work for the city planners office, work for the office of the mayor, work for a travel group, work for a research firm.. the lists are endless. Unfortunately given the sad state of affairs in our economy those jobs will require being in the right place at the right time.

Good luck.