Is it illegal to use Military rank titles as business titles?

Like, instead of "CEO" using "Admiral" or instead of "Manager" "Sgt. Major? I thought it was a cool idea for a business I'm starting, but I don't want to break any laws

Favorite Answer

Not if you earned those ranks....no it isnt..

If you are using the title as attempt to deceive or obtain by false pretense... yes.. it is..

Remember.... people who are auctioneers by trade, and licensed,... are known as Colonel (pronounced kernel)...

You could call yourself Capt. Meepsorp---Clingon Circling Uranus. I wouldnt attest to the wisdom of doing so... but you COULD do it...

• als

'Tin Soldier' ~ The Small Faces 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts club Band' ~ The Beatles {and its 'reprise'} 'Colonel Bogey' ~ mine is complete by potential of The significant Band of the Royal British Legion 'Privite Investigations' ~ Dire Straits 'Soldier Blue' ~ The Cult 'Sky Pilot' ~ The Animals Album :~ Vinegar Joe ~ "Six celeb standard"

You can use whatever terms you wish to describe in-house positions of your business. However, any non-traditional titles will be meaningless outside of your business and will probably make you sound like a fool.