WoW - Mage questions?

1. Which profession, Fire, Ice, or Arcane, puts out the biggest numbers? 2. Which race would make this profession have even higher numbers? 3. Can the above ^ race/profession be good at PVP? I've asked a bunch of my friends what race to pick for a mage, and I keep getting different answers. I chose an... show more 1. Which profession, Fire, Ice, or Arcane, puts out the biggest numbers?
2. Which race would make this profession have even higher numbers?
3. Can the above ^ race/profession be good at PVP?

I've asked a bunch of my friends what race to pick for a mage, and I keep getting different answers. I chose an Undead, because of their spell that cancels sleep, charm, etc, but now my other friend told me I could just use a trinket after level 40 to do the same thing! And then another person told me to pick the berserking race so I can do more damage in one minute...?

I just want to play the profession/race that puts out the highest numbers for a mage, and is good in PVP.