Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 8 years ago

i live in illinois and my x husband owes back child support. will they intercept his tax refund?

3 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You should talk to a lawyer licensed in Illinois, but this may help as its uniform in most states.

    You have to have a child support order.

    The order should be filed with the Court and it should be registered with whichever department is responsible for collecting back child support. Its usually the department of revenue in most states.

    If you contact the courthouse and ask for support enforcement division, they will tell you how to arrange to intercept his tax refunds, as in state and federal.

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    Do you have a court order?

    Have you filed the arrearage with IL Child Support Enforcement?

    Has he filed his taxes/gotten his refund yet?

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    Yes they will.. if there is anything left after his back child support is paid he will get that!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.