Senior Citizens!, If you could wear any clothing, from any age, what garb would you like to wear?...?

Go on let your imagination run wild!...No nudists, please!...

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Nurses outfit...blue uniform with starched white apron and intricate white pleated hat. Also those frilly arm band things that set the whole outfit off.

• 8 years ago

I think the ladies clothing from the French court of the 1770's was very beautiful but totally not practical, the English women's fashions of the 1820-40's was also lovely in it's flowing design.

I would wear the styles of the 1930's-40's.

I used to collect vintage clothing as a teen and all of my outfits were from the 30's thru 40's, suits, jackets, slips, bed jackets, gloves hats, it was weird to be a teen and dress that way but I loved the stuff and I could find really good deals at boot sales, swap meets and thrift stores.I still have a couple of ladies suit jackets in storage, most now have moth holes and should be thrown out.

My grandfather came of age during the 1880's he said that was the most beautiful time when women really looked lovely, the big hair and hats and the tiny waists,tiny parasols to keep the sun off of them.

I could spend the whole day looking at customs in the museums, just love that stuff. Seems the people a couple hundred years ago were very tiny as all the old customs look like they were made for children not adults.

• 8 years ago

My favourite garbs of yesteryear no longer seem to fit me, Thomas.

Methinks they all got shrunk in the washing-machine.

; ((

Edit - if you mean ANY age or era - rather than my personal age - it would have to be a Robin Hood Lincloln Green outfit - as I oft wore back in the day - scrambling up/down trees - some 55 years ago.

My tailors would nowadays reckon I look more fetching in a Monk's garb and hoodie - a dead ringer for Friar Tuck.

But Isn't that cockney-rhyming slang?

Or deliberate malopropism ?

Should I feel offended ???

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

When younger I fancied myself in the garb of Sidney Carton,

the character played by Dirk Bogarde in A Tale of Two Cities.

The hat and the cloak that has a special shoulder cloak sewn

over the top of it. Sorry I cannot describe it any better.

I still might get away with it, but look more like Mr. Pickwick

around the waist! :))

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I enjoyed wearing the in my opinion cute clothes of the 70's. I liked the flared pants, I liked the so called hot pants, mine weren't so hot, short but not obscenely so, worn with long sleeved tops and a vest and boots. There was a time when that was appropriate wear for persons flying non-rev, employees of the airline to wear even in first class. In those days the airlines had a strict dress code for employees when flying, but the clothes I described were considered appropriate.

• Dinah
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

The 40's. The length of skirts now for us older women at calf length was common then anyway, and the lingerie was romantic and feminine, with more lace and better cuts. Also was more often full length. There was a vintage clothing booth at the flea market where I worked once, and the buyer was particular. I bought a navy challis polka dot dress that fit perfectly, that zipped up the side. Loved that dress. The cuts, fabrics and femininity of the blouses in the 40's were better too, than now.

• Beulah
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I am with Savannah. I would love to dress up in the clothes of a Southern Belle. I would love to go on a Mississippi river boat cruise where everyone (men as well) had to dress in the styles of the pre civil war South.

This would do nicely.

http://comfortfirst.com/p-33750-black-white-southe...

http://www.frankbeecostume.com/redsoutbel.html

Of course if the cruise was to last a couple of weeks, I would need quite a few dresses. And of course a ladies maid to care for them.

• 8 years ago

The 40s style.

• Milton
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I wouldn't want to wear a suit of armor in Miami Beach. It would serve as an oven and i would come out like a roasted chicken. I wouldn't want to wear frills like men did in the 17th century. My wife would never press them for me! I am happy with the loose-fitting clothes that go best with heat and retirement. I do not own a necktie. I don't even have a suit to be buried in. I would ask my wife to have someone pick one up at a second hand shop since there is nobody that has to be impressed by a dead man's wardrobe. I never paid attention to fashions and still don't. I pay attention to what is in my head and heart, not what covers them.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You said anything , what ai like the best was the little cotton dresses that we wore as children. Ironed and starched with matching bows in our hair, little patent MaryJanes on our feet/ or blue patent leather toe less shoes with a slight heel.boy did we look adorable back then.

Now I just want something comfortable, color full and warm in winter cool in summer.flat shoes with good support on my feet and legs.

I really like the Victorian era as far as dress went , but only for looks, I bet it was Very uncomfortable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.