Has the Trayvon Martin killing become a tool for the self indulgent?

I'm part of the overwhelming consensus that believes charges should be filed, and the matter should be sorted out in court. That being said, I feel the issue is already being exploited exponentially.

Every argument from repealing the 2nd amendment to unsubstantiated racial implications have been kicked into overdrive. It seems the self indulgent have hijacked this case, and turned it into a tool to promote their agenda.

Am I wrong or being insensitive?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. Nobody has kicked this case under the carpet. Investigations are

on-going. I heard that Martin had been kicked out of school for 5 days,

so maybe he wasn't the goody, do-nothing-wrong kid the media has

made him out to be. Let the investigations reveal all the facts and then

a conclusion can be drawn. Whenever Rev Sharpton or Rev Jackson

get involved, it pushes a case to the front page and it only energizes

black folks to march/shout/protest/demands/ as it divides the races.

Geraldo warned his own kid to not wear a hoodie and act like a hood

or he could also be the next suspect, yet some Black church all wore

hoodies to church Sunday. If wearing a hoodie in a wrong neighborhood

caused this unfortunate death, then church people should not suggest;

all Blacks wear hoodies. Outrageous.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I consider you. as much as i've got faith that George Zimmerman could have been arrested, i think of this tragic journey has plenty extra to do with negligence and a defective regulation (stand your floor) then race. i do no longer think of George became racist; basically a wannabe cop desirous to guard his community.....a extremely pitiful character attempting to exercising some vigilante heroism that backfired vast time. The portrayal of an harmless boy being hunted and gunned down hits a nerve with various human beings, quite mothers and dads of young babies, and the very shown fact that Trayvon became black has made it rather user-friendly to tutor this right into a rely of race. it is so plenty extra and decrease than what initially meets the attention in terms of why Zimmerman's habit went so horribly incorrect.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You are wrong.

Not because I am judgung if Zimmerman was justified or not but we both do not know the facts.

ABC reported yesterday that the screams heard were Zimmermans. How did that just come to light. Is it even true?

Why is the media more interested in the protests than the story.

Have you seen a map of the complex with the victim's trail? Was it a straight line? Does his father really live there or was he visiting? Was was Zimmerman bloodied and bruised with grass stains on his back?

• 8 years ago

If Zimmerman had been arrested and charged a month ago there wouldn't be a case in the national headlines, so, no.

Your concern would be more properly focused on the underlying issues of why these situations arise in the first place.

Trayvon Martin's parents did the right thing in seeking help and publicity for the handling of the killing of their son. Any concerned parents would have done the same thing under the circumstances.

You are focusing on the aftermath and ignoring why it is even an issue to begin with. Your focus is totally off.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes, it has. You now have the racist organization of the New Black Panther Party down there trying to bring death to Zimmerman with their dead or alive posters. This whole this has gotten out of control. All of the facts hadn't come out yet, but the media has already prosecuted Zimmerman. I wouldn't be surprised if the Judge threw it out of court due the media's mishandling of this.

• Riley
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No, this lad needs to be put to rest, only how can he be. with his short life just kicked under a carpet. Leaving many unanswered questions of why, than giving peace of mind to the Martin family.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

things like this are often taken by other groups for their own means...

of course, if justice comes from it... I'm not sure Trayvon would mind...

the simple fact is... those who are using it as a tool are the ones driving the debate for justice as well...

for example, while you say you think charges should be filed, if they weren't, would you go protest? or would you just forget it and say "oh well, that stinks"... and nothing would ever come from it and it would just blow over...

• daddio
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

quick answer to the header-yes, obviously.

charges and courts are not used for fact finding.

let's let it go the way it's supposed to.

• 8 years ago

I think it is media-dependent. The people having rallies, etc., probably would not do it without the attention, and the right-wing people use their media to continue to pretend that the issue in the case is discrimination against whites.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think it is sick to use the death of someone for political gains or political motives. Much like how many jews use the suffering of their people in the holocaust for financial and political gains

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.