Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 8 years ago

Why do old men like My Little Pony? (BRONIES)?

I seriously cannot understand why people over the age of 8 are obssessed with my little pony. It's a show made for little girls, not 20-40 year old men. And they're seriously obssessed. It's a little girls show. Why are 40 year old men watching it? It makes me think that all bronies are just sick pedophiles.

They (bronies) say it's fine to like my little pony but I realy think it's disgusting. You don't see men becoming obssessed with the care bears or dora the explorer or my little mermaid, do you? Are all puffs or something?

But seriously. Someone please explain why adult men are becoming obssessed with a show for little girls?

(I have 3 brony friends. One of them is a 19 year old boy who wears my little pony shirts and, in a few months, IS GETTING A MY LITTLE PONY TATTOO. That is seriously just- FFFFUUUUU it annoys me so much)

@Fred, yeah I hope it stops sometime soon.

And I completely agree poops XD

And I completely agree poops XD

Favorite Answer

Let me say this: I'm 16 years old, and I'm a junior in high school. When I first came across the show and its subculture, I thought it was weird for people to watch a show with a completely different demographic. Several days later, curiosity got the best of me and I decided to watch a few episodes. To my surprise, it wasn't that bad. It had that vibe that other shows that I watched as a kid had, such as the Powerpuff Girls. After a bit of digging, I found out that the creative director of the show was Lauren Faust, the woman responsible for Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and (surprise, surprise) the Powerpuff Girls. There are a few reasons that the show is good. The writing, voice acting, music and animation that is put into the show is incredible and never seems to fail when it comes to presentation. Each episode that they make impresses every one of us. So please, don't hate on us and your friends, just watch a few episodes. Don't pretend you don't know how (YouTube). Just do what I did and give it a chance.

lol i love questions like these ok here goes.

there's two kinds of bronies.

1. the kind that go on rule34 for ponies

2. the kind that genuinely love the show and fellow fans

i am the latter, but i know some people who belong to the first group.

they are ******* creepy.

so here's why the GOOD bronies like the show:

it's a lot more gender neutral than you'd expect. nothing like the my little pony show from the 1990s or the toys you see girls obsessed with combing. i also enjoy the clean humor and endearing characters. the staff is also aware of their older following, and reaches out to them by throwing in pop references, shoutouts, etc.

but above all, it's the fanbase. i know at least 30 bronies IRL (there is a club at my school, no joke) and they are nothing like the 4channers you might think they are. about half of them are girls as well. we love to be a part of something bigger that we can contribute to, and the brony community is something that gives us just that. there's a lot of amazing fanmade music, art, animations, toys, etc. lastly, we are a group of people who just don't give a **** about what others think of us. we don't try to cram it down people's throats, but we welcome new bronies with open arms.

also, trolling in groups is just that much more fun.

I'm not obsessed, I just think it's a good show. So do a lot of other guys, and until you watch it, it's ignorant of you to condemn bronies as a whole. I actually had the same perception of bronies as you do right now, but when I watched it, I became a brony myself.

• Ryan

"care bears,dora the explorer,my little mermaid" has no adult humor now call me when dora the explore makes some alcohol jokes gets great animation and kickass music like winter wrap up plus a lot more. I'll become a fan of the shows as of now i'll stick to MLPFIM Gumball adventure time and regular show, FHFIF. also i get that feeling you thinking of the old MLP shows that sucked.

They wanna bang little girls

• fred

it's just trending right now lol.