How to skype with an android phone? ?

Can I install a webcam to my phone?

Favorite Answer

Download the Skype app, all (released within the last 2 years) Android phones have front facing cameras on them. The front facing cameras are very small and if you have bad eyes you might not be able to see it. The phone will automatically use that tiny camera to video chat on Skype. If your phone doesn't have a frontal camera, you cannot install a webcam to your phone as far as I know.

• Alecks

You can go to the Android Play Store (aka the Market) and install Skype free of charge. Many Android phones nowadays have a front facing camera. However, some of the lower end to mid range phones don't always have front facing cameras. Every Android phone I've seen has a back camera at least- If you install Skype you can use the back camera on your phone but it won't be very easy to use. You can not download a webcam on your phone. A webcam is a piece of hardware- you can only download/install apps, which are software. Either you phone comes with one or it doesn't- you just can't make it magically appear haha! If you want give the back camera a try and see if it works for you.

Source(s): m