Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 8 years ago

What is a good mobile app provider for a medium size conference?

Need to create a mobile app, on a budget, for a medium (~500 attendees). It needs, at a minimum

- conference agenda, speakers, rooms

- conference alerts

Integration with Twitter will be ideal. If sponsors can be featured somehow, will be a big plus.

Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

I will recommend Zwoor.com mobile applications that work on iPhones, iPads, Android tablets and phones, also Kindle Fires.

1. No internet connectivity required – the apps are native, not web browsers. Conference venues are not known for good wifi or carrier coverage.

2. The usual features for a mobile app: Meeting Agenda, Speaker Profile, Meeting materials.

3. “Alerts” that allow an event organizer to “push” announcements via the app

4. Personalized calendar for all participants – “My Calendar”

5. Rating and comments for all sessions are built in the agenda

6. Exhibitors and Sponsor categories, with detailed entries for each partner, including social media integration.

7. Social media integration from within the app (so a participant can tweet, connect in LinkedIn, like in facebook etc.)

8. Able to create a demo for your event, for free, in 48 hours. Would worry about big developer teams and weeks turn-around.

9. A participant can “show interest” for an Exhibitor. The Exhibitor is notified immediately of the interest.

10. And the very important #10 : Price - The typical mobile app for an event is 2,000 to 5,000, I would say shoot for under $1,000 for the full feature set. Watch out and ask first for any add-on.

You will get all features mentioned by Ken in event2mobile, a leading event management application used by professionals, event managers and others. I am sure this mobile event app will work for your conference.

I would like to suggest PowWow365 iPhone, iPad or web conference app. It has all the features you are searching for. You can visit http://powwow365.com/ for details.

Download it for FREE!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/powwow365/id820172...

@Slow Dud - Is your mobile app ready? How is it working now