should I inform my blind date (via txt) that I am overweight?

I'm a 29 year old, mother of two. Recently seperated from my boyfriend of 14 years. I'm significantly overweight. I have a blind date with my best friends brother tonight and I'm sooo nervous that my weight will be an issue. Not sure if this is just me being self-conscious or what but should I somehow let him know that I'm a plus size woman? Or...how do I build up the confidence to not let it bother me. This dating thing is much more complicated than i recall. Thanks for any assistance/words of wisdom.

Favorite Answer

Beth.....Do you know what he looks like? Don't you think your best friends brother clued him in? Ask your best friend about this first if you must help break the ice for the date. Run some thoughts about your concern. If she nixes your worries then put a nice smile on and have a nice night.I understand your concern about the dating world today. Women and men have so many other issues to deal with than just one or two. Take some deep breaths and suggest when it fits on where to go or do if that is appropriate. Confidence is easier when the guy and women like each other and want to have a good time. Hope it works out well...... : )

Source(s): Break the ice with as much information as you can get. Life's experience.....

Beth, if he's mr right, weight won't matter. If you tell him you're overweight, you look pretty insecure and that's not a very attractive trait. The best thing you can do for yourself is to not look at this date so seriously. You're probably not gonna marry the guy so just go out and have a good time. Make good conversation and all that jazz. If its meant to be it will be.

With the overweight thing, it sounds to me like you aren't happy with yourself. If you don't like that, fix it. Do something about it. Dating is not complicated by any means. The most complicated thing about it is the fact that you need to look in the mirror and be happy with yourself. When you can do that, youll be ready to find that special someone.

yes better tell him..