Is this a good essay?

I have to write an essay on an important person in history. I chose to write about John F. Kennedy. Please Give Me Some feedback on my rough draft.

''Ask not what your country can do for you......ask what you can do for your country.'' These are the famous words of John F. Kennedy's inaugural speech. John F. Kennedy, the 35th president of the United States, wanted a safer and fairer country for every person, but came up short as he was assassinated.

John Fitzgerald Kennedy was born on May 29, 1917 at 83 Beals St in Brookline, Massachusetts. His father, Joseph P. Kennedy, was a banker and movie producer. His mother, Rose Fitzgerald, spent her time maintaining the household. He went to Edward Devotion School, Noble and Greenough Lower School, and Dexter School through 4th grade. He attended Riverdale Country School for 5th through 7th grade. After that, he went to Canterbury School for 8th grade and the Choate School in Wallinford, Connecticut for 9th through 12th grade.

In 1936, he attended Harvard College and graduated in 1940. He joined the U.S. Navy on September 1941. On August 2, 1943 Kenneddy's boat, the PT-109 near New Georgia was rammed by a Japanese boat. He got surviving crew members to vote on wether to fight or surrender. Kenneddy said, ''There's nothing in the book about a situation like this. A lot of you men have families and some of you have children. What do you want to do? I have nothing to lose.'' They surrendered but eventually got rescued. For this, Kenneddy received a Navy and Marine Corps. medal.

On March 1, 1945 he was discharged from the U.S. Navy at full rank lieutenant. On September 12, 1953 John F. Kenneddy married Jacqueline Lee Bouvier in New Port, Rhode Island. In August 23, 1956 his daughter Arabella is stillborn. In November 27, 1957 Caroline B. Keneddy is born at Cornell Medical Center, New York.

In November 8, 1960 John F. Kenneddy defeats Richard M. Nixon to become the 35th and youngest president of the Unite

Update:

d States. Just 17 days later John F. Kennedy Jr is born at Georgetown University Hospital. During his run as president he contributed a lot to make the U.S. better. He contributed to education laws and tried to get everyone equal rights. He also founded an organization to provide health care and teach people to read in Africa and Asia. In June 11, 1963 he sent the Alabama National Guard to protect two African-American students who won a court order to attend the college.

On November 22, 1963 tragedy strikes. John F. Kenneddy is shot once in the throat and once in the head at 12:30 P.M. while riding an open-top limo in a motorcade through downtown Dallas, Texas. He is pronounced dead at 1:00 P.M. at Parkland Memorial Hospital at age 46. He got killed by Lee Harvey Oswald who was shot and killed two days later by Jack Ruby. His death is surrounded by conspiracy theories. Some eyewitnesses report they heard the shots fired from inside the limo and others say they heard the shots fro

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

a bit dry, because you just recite fact after fact. You do not make him a real person; just a bunch of statistics (except about that part where he induced/ encouraged / allowed / ____ some other word than "got" / the crewmen to vote. [

contributed MUCH - or even a better word. Do not say "a lot" in a formal essay.

he WAS killed ... not "got" ... and assassinated is a more appropriate word than killed.

etc, etc. use better words and terminology in your essay. {and stay away from the conspiracy theories, unless that is the thrust of your paper.}

• 9 years ago

There is too much information on where and how long he went to school. Try adding more information about after he was inaugurated into presidency. Other then that, GREAT ESSAY!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

some grammer errors but good essay

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.