Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

Rookie LeBron James or Rookie Shaquille O'neal?

Who had the more dominant rookie season?

Favorite Answer

Sure

Rookie Shaquille O'Neal

Shaq averaged 23.4 points a game, 13.8 rebounds, and shot 56% from the field and made the Magic into a playoff contender. They actually went from 21-61 to 41-41 and just missed the postseason. I mean, Shaq broked the backboard twice in his rookie year. Just too strong. Shaq was a top 10 player in his rookie year.

Rookie LeBron was also very good. But his shooting percentage and his points a game were NOT as good as Shaq. But like Rookie Shaq, LeBron helped turned the Cavs around that year.

Source(s): DC

Rookie Shaq for sure. Plus he has rings. YES I went there

shaq because he is way bigger and can muscle lebron in the paint. Shaq will have a hard time guarding an athletic Lebron though

• The Big Shaqtus

I would say Shaq. If you have the ball and your driving towards the hoop against him, standing there in the paint, waiting for you, you better have notified your next-of-kin beforehand.