Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 8 years ago

Had the stomach flu, now I'm SOOO hungry. Is it okay to eat normal again?

I had the stomach flu two days ago and was up puking all night. At first all I could eat was a few bites of toast and a banana. Today for dinner I had some pasta and now I'm SOOO HUNGRY!! Even though I just ate I still want to eat more. Is it okay to keep eating or should I wait?

Favorite Answer

Try to stick to the BRAT diet (Banana, rice, applesauce, toast) for another day or so until the puking stops. After that you should be fine. Just ease back into normal eating and try not to overdo it on the dairy, meats, and sweets.

its totally normal to be hungry after the flu. it means your body is refreshed again and better. its a very good sign your not sick anymore. dont overdo it by eating dairy such as ice cream and milk, etc. but other normal foods are totally fine. yea keep eaating but be careful what your eating for at least two more days

Source(s): intelligence, preivious experience