Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Name the horror film?

I think it was a made for TV movie, from early-mid 2000's, and centred on a family moving back into a house that the father lived in when he was a boy. General creepy stuff happened, kids voices in the dark, stuff moving etc.

But the underlying plot was that when the father of the family had been a boy, his father was part of a satanic cult and was supposed to kill him for some kind of ceremony to release whatever crazy evil things lurked in the house.

He had some kind of breathing problem as I recall and in the end the man was having some kind of attack and his wife tried to save him (by jamming a pen into his throat to release the air?) but the 'ghosts' (who were apparently the spirits of the other children murdered by the cult) rolled the pen away into the darkness, causing the man's death.

It was basically a pretty awful film but I'm determined to find out what the hell it was called.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Darkness (2002)

starring Anna Paquin, Lena Olin, Giancarlo Giannini, Iain Glen

IMDb synopsis:

There's something in this house, something ancient and dark that remains still, hidden and silent. It can only wait, having been concealed in the shadows for years. In fact, its milieu is darkness. It's lived here since someone tried to call it more than 40 years ago. This house hides a secret, a terrible past, an inconceivably evil act: seven children, faceless people, a circle that must be completed.

EDIT: From Wikipedia synopsis:

Regina races back to her home to find her father in the midst of another nervous breakdown, choking on pills as the eclipse begins. Maria tries to perform a tracheotomy on him, but is unable to bring herself to make the cut. Regina volunteers to, but inadvertently causes his death.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.