Why would I get a letter of forbearance from my mortgage lender?

I am planning on calling my mortgage company on Monday (they are closed all weekend), but thought I'd try to find some answers here until then. Today in the mail I received a letter from my mortgage company titled "temporary forbearance agreement" and explaining the details of a payment agreement that... show more I am planning on calling my mortgage company on Monday (they are closed all weekend), but thought I'd try to find some answers here until then. Today in the mail I received a letter from my mortgage company titled "temporary forbearance agreement" and explaining the details of a payment agreement that it claims I agreed to via their online mortgage website. I do pay my bill online, but I have not applied for or agreed to any kind of forbearance or any other special agreement. My loan is current, I've never defaulted. What could this mean? I have called a few times and tried to obtain a modification, but have never gotten any where with it and am usually shot down because our income is considered too high and we pay on time. So, anyone know what could be going on with this? I'm dying to know what's up!